The Baseball Houdini

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Running on the field is beyond stupid, and if you are entertained and cheer people doing that, you're right there with them.

C'mon, that wasn't entertaining? Nobody is going to argue that it's not stupid, but it's still worth a laugh. I can't imagine what it would be like to constantly be on one's high horse. I'm guessing it's not any fun.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 14, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
C'mon, that wasn't entertaining? Nobody is going to argue that it's not stupid, but it's still worth a laugh. I can't imagine what it would be like to constantly be on one's high horse. I'm guessing it's not any fun.

Now that is kind of ironic after your stance on Hawk and Wimpy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Running on the field is beyond stupid, and if you are entertained and cheer people doing that, you're right there with them.

Sounds like something that asshole Patrick Kane would do. This guy needs to act like a perfect gentleman, like Toews and all the other guys in their early 20's.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Sounds like something that asshole Patrick Kane would do. This guy needs to act like a perfect gentleman, like Toews and all the other guys in their early 20's.

Good one, bro. Though if Kane did it, you'd defend him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Good one, bro. Though if Kane did it, you'd defend him.

I was mocking you and your "stick up the ass" attitude about anything that's not behavior of a model citizen. Of course I would defend it if Kaner did it, as well as any other young person having fun and entertaining.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
I was mocking you and your "stick up the ass" attitude about anything that's not behavior of a model citizen. Of course I would defend it if Kaner did it, as well as any other young person having fun and entertaining.

You'll have great kids.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
Then I'll be stupid. He didn't hurt anybody. I'd be LMAO if that happened in a game I attended.

Ugh, I was going to go to that game too but couldn't get off of work.. that would have been epic to see live

I was definitely siding with the crowd saying that this is far more entertaining than the standard 'run on the field and get arrested' guys but after reading the info on the actual video I am not as supportive of it- apparently it was in the bottom of the ninth as Carlos Lee was trying to tie the game. As a fan of a team, I do think that's ridiculous to pull in that scenario; I imagine it totally has to take the batter out of his rhythm (think about how mad JD was when Cabrera just tried to steal). Not to say that there is a 'time' that I would be like "oh hell, everyone go run on the field" but I know this was certainly not the time I would want to see it.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
I was definitely siding with the crowd saying that this is far more entertaining than the standard 'run on the field and get arrested' guys but after reading the info on the actual video I am not as supportive of it- apparently it was in the bottom of the ninth as Carlos Lee was trying to tie the game. As a fan of a team, I do think that's ridiculous to pull in that scenario; I imagine it totally has to take the batter out of his rhythm (think about how mad JD was when Cabrera just tried to steal). Not to say that there is a 'time' that I would be like "oh hell, everyone go run on the field" but I know this was certainly not the time I would want to see it.

Yeah, but the Astros suck, so I am sure they happy to see something moving on the field at a good pace.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)

So you'd defend someone being a nuisance and doing something illegal? Great attitude.

While I laughed when I saw this and also thought it was funny, I hope he was caught and got to spend the night in jail. Fans shouldn't be encouraged to run on the field and an incident like this does just that. Again, this was unique so it was funny, but I also hope that other people don't start doing this because of it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
So you'd defend someone being a nuisance and doing something illegal? Great attitude.

While I laughed when I saw this and also thought it was funny, I hope he was caught and got to spend the night in jail. Fans shouldn't be encouraged to run on the field and an incident like this does just that. Again, this was unique so it was funny, but I also hope that other people don't start doing this because of it.

This. Especially in todays world with all the crazies out there, you don't know what his intention is, if he has a weapon or something. Get off the field dumbass. I did find the climbing up in CF entertaining though.