Chicago White Sox at Oakland A's

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Adam Dunn, hit a homerun.

I wish, if Dayan really is getting called up, that we'd start him in left, but I really think Ozzie would be confused as to who to bat leadoff.

Rios would leadoff. We can't continue to give our least productive hitter the most at bats.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Adam Dunn, hit a homerun.

I wish, if Dayan really is getting called up, that we'd start him in left, but I really think Ozzie would be confused as to who to bat leadoff.

That'd be sooo sweet. Remember all that SHOTS Dayan would get to right CF? Things of beauty.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Rios would leadoff. We can't continue to give our least productive hitter the most at bats.

Why not? We've been doing it all year.

I would not mind starting Omar at third and batting him leadoff for a while, honestly.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
Lexi looks better than he's looked in a few weeks.

I think it's almost guaranteed that Alexei will wind up this season with the best offensive numbers of his career. Just because he has non-awful numbers to start a year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
That'd be sooo sweet. Remember all that SHOTS Dayan would get to right CF? Things of beauty.

I'm excited to watch him it. He'll have long slumps and have multiple strikeout games, but at least he can do some damage at the plate.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Why not? We've been doing it all year.

I would not mind starting Omar at third and batting him leadoff for a while, honestly.

Yeah, benching talented prospects for 44 year olds is a reliable method of development if I've ever heard one. Worked every other time we've tried it.

Sad thing is, if Vizquel's body could take it, I'm not sure you're wrong either.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
I'm excited to watch him it. He'll have long slumps and have multiple strikeout games, but at least he can do some damage at the plate.

And somehow, somewhere, he learned to take a walk. 10 BB now in AAA. Not a great clip, but considering who he is, that's good enough.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
And somehow, somewhere, he learned to take a walk. 10 BB now in AAA. Not a great clip, but considering who he is, that's good enough.

That's sorta all he needs...to be willing to not get himself out if a pitcher refuses to pitch to him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
That's sorta all he needs...to be willing to not get himself out if a pitcher refuses to pitch to him.

Considering a lot of pitcher learned to throw him junk last year, if he is finding the ability to not hit that junk, and force them to attack the zone, the kid is going to rake (see: AAA numbers)