Chicago White Sox at Oakland A's

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
That one isn't on the baserunning.

It is a little bit.. If Paulie would have seen that the ball was caught, he would still be on base and there'd only be 1 out, setting up perfectly for a more typical GIDP from AJ.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
It is a little bit.. If Paulie would have seen that the ball was caught, he would still be on base and there'd only be 1 out, setting up perfectly for a more typical GIDP from AJ.

Paulie was never going to have seen that ball be caught. If he'd stopped and waited to see that it hit the ground, he'd have gotten thrown out at 3b if it had been dropped.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
It does seem like it's against the law for our base coaches to communicate with the base runners.

Seriously what the Hell could have been done there?

Yell "Go back"? Bull, would have done nothing.

That's as freaky of a play as you can get.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
It does seem like it's against the law for our base coaches to communicate with the base runners.

There seems to be no coaching at all except for Cooper in this organization.

This is a prime Sunday get away day blown save that Jenks made famous the last couple of years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
Seriously what the Hell could have been done there?

Yell "Go back"? Bull, would have done nothing.

That's as freaky of a play as you can get.

If Paulie had stopped near second base, on the first base side, he would have had a damn good chance to either get back to first or get to third once he knew what happened with the ball. If the ball had dropped, there would have been more time where Jackson was not in control of the ball, allowing plenty of time for him to reach third.

He played it wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
It's not like Konerko would have scored if that ball dropped anyways. Yes, it was a fluke play, but it was strange seeing him standing at 3rd with Cox not even knowing what was going on.

He knew what was going on 1/2 way between 2nd and 3rd, you could see when he pulled up.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
If Paulie had stopped near second base, on the first base side, he would have had a damn good chance to either get back to first or get to third once he knew what happened with the ball. If the ball had dropped, there would have been more time where Jackson was not in control of the ball, allowing plenty of time for him to reach third.

He played it wrong.

Plenty of time for Paulie to reach 3rd? Maybe you're forgetting who's doing the running.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
He knew what was going on 1/2 way between 2nd and 3rd, you could see when he pulled up.

I thought Konerko was standing on third asking what happened? I could be wrong on that...not as sure as I was that Morel's flyout was a pop up yesterday. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Plenty of time for Paulie to reach 3rd? Maybe you're forgetting who's doing the running.

He would have been standing at second while the ball rattled around (even if just a little bit), the corner of the outfield. He would have been into third, standing. Hell, DUNN would have made it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
I thought Konerko was standing on third asking what happened? I could be wrong on that...not as sure as I was that Morel's flyout was a pop up yesterday. :lolhitting

I certainly didn't get that impression, I saw him pull up 1/2 way and just jog into it lazily knowing he was meat.