5/15 games

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Jose Martinez came out after 1 AB. Hope he's ok, or maybe the wheels are in motion for him to go to AA, with Viciedo coming up tomorrow?

Or he didn't run out the double play he grounded into, could've been benched. Usually they don't start if they're being promoted. Maybe if he had come out later in the game, then maybe. We'll see.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Infante with a decent outing in his AAA debut.

NSS's boy Remenowsky just has amazing peripherals in AA.

HOLY s***. I just looked. Those are unwordly. I would honestly promote him right the f*** now and dump Tony Pena's lame ass. Yes, straight to the big leagues.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
HOLY s***. I just looked. Those are unwordly. I would honestly promote him right the f*** now and dump Tony Pena's lame ass. Yes, straight to the big leagues.

He's also facing, for the most part, very undisciplined but talented hitters in AA. He needs a stop in AAA before I would promote him, especially since I've read his fastball is only OK.

Dewon Day had a K/9 of 17.3 over 25 innings at AA, and he was and still is garbage. I don't promote Remenowsky without first seeing him in AAA.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
He's also facing, for the most part, very undisciplined but talented hitters in AA. He needs a stop in AAA before I would promote him, especially since I've read his fastball is only OK.

Dewon Day had a K/9 of 17.3 over 25 innings at AA, and he was and still is garbage. I don't promote Remenowsky without first seeing him in AAA.

Yeah that is true. But Day had a 1.52 WHIP compared to Renenowsky's 0.38.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Yeah that is true. But Day had a 1.52 WHIP compared to Renenowsky's 0.38.

Also Dewon Day also walked a lot more guys, like 4-5 per 9, where Rem averages like 1-2 per 9. Rem's control is much better than Day's ever was.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
I still haven't seen Remenowsky pitch.

I'd be really curious to see if he's added a few clicks to his fastball. He had been typically 89-90 a couple years ago, but they had him on a conditioning program to improve that (apparently coming out of college, he really hadn't been on any sort of program like that). With the superb control he has, multiple breaking pitches he can throw for strikes, a strong change, and his unusual delivery (which supposedly make the fastball look a lot faster)... if he was throwing 92-93 instead of 89-90, he could be something special.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
I'm curious to get some details about this kid. Is he a true submarine guy, or it is more of a Brad Zeigler type motion?

No he's a regular overhand pitcher. But he's got a super high leg kick, and his delivery is a little like Bronson Arroyo.

I interviewed him a couple years ago, and put a scouting report up on future sox.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
No he's a regular overhand pitcher. But he's got a super high leg kick, and his delivery is a little like Bronson Arroyo.

I interviewed him a couple years ago, and put a scouting report up on future sox.

I had the impression he had some other kind of motion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
I had the impression he had some other kind of motion.

I think you just assume he does, ala Wassermann, since I was a fan of his.

No, his motion is a little funky, but his delivery point is pretty much in the standard overhand location. Since he has that high leg kick and a big motion, the fastball tends to "look faster" coming out of his hand.