2011 WNBA Thread

Lynx training camp started today, and I can't wait for the season to get started. Lots of talent on this roster and there's really no excuses if this team doesn't succeed. Way too much talent not to go deep into the playoffs this year. Between Seimone Augustus, Candice Wiggins, Rebekka Brunson, Lindsay Whalen, Maya Moore and Amber Harris, this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
WTF? lol. Felix, you've failed at life. I will never communicate with you again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
This thread = so much fail that it seems like brilliance.

Why is this thread fail? I'd much rather watch the WNBA than just about any of the UFC/WWE events, and those threads gets a ton of response.

Simply put, the Lynx are going to be a blast to watch this summer. They're easily the best team in Minnesota right now, and it should be fun watching them develop throughout the season. Maya Moore is a huge difference maker for this team, and it's going to be exciting to see how she adjusts to the jump to the WNBA.

Edited by Felix

This was pretty monumental for the sport... and most definitely myself also. I don't know where i would be today without witnessing this in person. Talk about exhilarating.

I was just a casual fan before this play, but ever since, i have had this unreal sort of connection with the sport.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 15, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Lynx training camp started today, and I can't wait for the season to get started. Lots of talent on this roster and there's really no excuses if this team doesn't succeed. Way too much talent not to go deep into the playoffs this year. Between Seimone Augustus, Candice Wiggins, Rebekka Brunson, Lindsay Whalen, Maya Moore and Amber Harris, this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Chicago Sky player>Maya Moore. You know it.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
Delusional people itt

Whatever dude. Maya hasn't proven a damn thing at the WNBA level. Sure she was a great college player but so was Christian Laettner back in his day. Yes, her athleticism is impressive(set the record at the combine with a 9 inch vertical) and she was undeniably an amazing college player but until she proves that she can play at the professional level, your argument really holds no weight.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Whatever dude. Maya hasn't proven a damn thing at the WNBA level. Sure she was a great college player but so was Christian Laettner back in his day. Yes, her athleticism is impressive(set the record at the combine with a 9 inch vertical) and she was undeniably an amazing college player but until she proves that she can play at the professional level, your argument really holds no weight.

DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS GIRL IS? SHE'S FROM MINNESOTA, SHE HAS A 9 INCH VERTICAL! DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO?

Edited by chw42

Tough debut for Maya Moore, but the Lynx dominated the third and beginning of the fourth to beat the Indiana Fever 71-66 today. Amber Harris had a double-double off the bench, and Rebekkah Brunson had a nice day as well, especially in the first and third quarters. Nice to see Wiggins back on the court as well... definitely made a big impact during the team's big run in the third.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 24, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Tough debut for Maya Moore, but the Lynx dominated the third and beginning of the fourth to beat the Indiana Fever 71-66 today. Amber Harris had a double-double off the bench, and Rebekkah Brunson had a nice day as well, especially in the first and third quarters. Nice to see Wiggins back on the court as well... definitely made a big impact during the team's big run in the third.

THE HYPE IS REAL FUNK! THAT GIRL IS GOOD, FUNK, THAT GIRL IS GOOD!

*PS, I don't think Felix is joking. So I will make one of few(if not only) post about the WNBA. Pokey Chatman and Sylvia Fowles > Maya Moore.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
*PS, I don't think Felix is joking. So I will make one of few(if not only) post about the WNBA. Pokey Chatman and Sylvia Fowles > Maya Moore.

Seimone Augustus > Sylvia Fowles

(also Maya Moore > Fowles)

Also the Lynx got the roster down to 11 today. Traded Hollingsworth for the right to swap third rounders in a future year and cut two local girls (Angel Robinson and Kachine Alexander). Robinson had looked pretty good in training camp/preseason opener, but had to know she was a longshot to make the team.

Edited by Felix