2011 WNBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
Seimone Augustus > Sylvia Fowles

(also Maya Moore > Fowles)

Also the Lynx got the roster down to 11 today. Traded Hollingsworth for the right to swap third rounders in a future year and cut two local girls (Angel Robinson and Kachine Alexander). Robinson had looked pretty good in training camp/preseason opener, but had to know she was a longshot to make the team.

Courtney Vandersloot > Maya Moore

COME AT ME BRO!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Why is this thread fail? I'd much rather watch the WNBA than just about any of the UFC/WWE events, and those threads gets a ton of response.

Simply put, the Lynx are going to be a blast to watch this summer. They're easily the best team in Minnesota right now, and it should be fun watching them develop throughout the season. Maya Moore is a huge difference maker for this team, and it's going to be exciting to see how she adjusts to the jump to the WNBA.

That is really sad.

Well, Lynx lost their season opener in Los Angeles last night after holding a 10 point lead halfway through the third. Maya had a good game, 21 points and four three-pointers, becoming the fifth rookie in league history to score 20+ points in their debut. Definitely need to start holding onto these leads this year, let's not have that trend from last season continue. Home opener is on Sunday against the Sparks again.

Edited by Felix

We held our WNBA fantasy draft the other day. The categories are ACL tears, pregnancy leaves and publicly coming out. I like my teams, got a lot of players with hyphenated names so we should be good with in-season pregnancy leave of absences.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
We held our WNBA fantasy draft the other day. The categories are ACL tears, pregnancy leaves and publicly coming out. I like my teams, got a lot of players with hyphenated names so we should be good with in-season pregnancy leave of absences.

Hater itt

How many of those leaves are there per year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)

LOL

You might get the double whammy of a pregnancy and coming out from the same girl. My friend who plays basketball in Europe was hooking up with a girl who used to play in the WNBA but is now in Europe playing. She said there was one pretty famous WNBA player who divorced her husband for some teammate.

That is some quality sexism and anti-gay rolled up all into one post right there.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
Lynx got off to a 22-0 run against Seattle in Seattle yesterday, giving the Storm their first home loss since 2009 :D

How did this not lead off SportsCenter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh my god, how have I managed to miss this thread? Many of these posts were cracking me up, though I shouldn't have started reading this during a conference call - it was so difficult to keep from laughing while watching that video of Lisa Leslie dunking.