Chicago White Sox vs. Texas Rangers

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else believe that KW is afraid to DFA Juan Pierre for worries about creating a rift with Ozzie? I mean, come on. He's awful and has cost us at least 3 ballgames this year and probably more if we had someone who could actually hit getting the most PA's for our team. Can't he see that? He's got to.

It seems like Kenny is just playing chicken with himself. He's just going to see what happens from here to the break. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then he'll be forced to trade his own players.

He's afraid or in denial to make any moves--from sending Sale down to develop as a starter, to sending Morel down, to bringing Viciedo up, or letting go a player with diminished skills like Juan Pierre.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
When Pierre gets booed tonight, it's more for Ozzie than Juan.

Oh cmon.

You boo Juan Pierre you are booing Juan Pierre.

Boo Ozzie when he brings the lineup card out or takes out a pitcher.

Why boo Juan Pierre?? What the f*** is that going to accomplish? He's not the only goat on this s*** team.

Boo f***ing Adam Dunn if he doesn't have a big game! he's key this homestand.

Dunn should be booed if Pierre is booed.

As far as the game ... Rangers are damn good. They have played good ball and have played in a million big games the last year and 2 months. We need to play well or we gonna get waxed!!

Cmon Edwin.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
I don't boo anyone, and I'm not going to the game. I'm just saying when it happens tonight, and it will, it's more for Ozzie than Pierre himself.

I don't get your position on this.

The boos are for Juan Pierre if one is booing Juan Pierre.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
I don't get your position on this.

The boos are for Juan Pierre if one is booing Juan Pierre.

Some of it is, yes. But most of it is for having him in that position where he doesn't belong anymore. Much like Dewayne Wise a couple years ago. He was instantly booed for being the opening day leadoff hitter. Did he deserve it? Probably not, but it was more about Ozzie putting him in that position.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
Some of it is, yes. But most of it is for having him in that position where he doesn't belong anymore. Much like Dewayne Wise a couple years ago. He was instantly booed for being the opening day leadoff hitter. Did he deserve it? Probably not, but it was more about Ozzie putting him in that position.

I'm just saying fans have ample opportunity to boo Ozzie, so why not just wait til Ozzie comes out and boo him?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm just saying fans have ample opportunity to boo Ozzie, so why not just wait til Ozzie comes out and boo him?

Because when you boo Pierre then he'll know exactly why fans are unhappy.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
Because when you boo Pierre then he'll know exactly why fans are unhappy.

He will? He will know the fans hate him. Ozzie has nothing to do with booing him.

Answer my other question, pls. Why are guys like Dunn and Beckham also not being booed?

And even AJ and Rios and Morel? And Pena? And Matt? There should be equal opportunity booing.

Arguably Juan is just one of many bad players right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
He will? He will know the fans hate him. Ozzie has nothing to do with booing him.

Answer my other question, pls. Why are guys like Dunn and Beckham also not being booed?

And even AJ and Rios and Morel? And Pena? And Matt? There should be equal opportunity booing.

Arguably Juan is just one of many bad players right now.

I'd be more than happy to boo most of those guys and Ozzie whenever he stepped onto the field.

EDIT: And Pierre gets the most at bats per game since he is the leadoff hitter. He can't hit with any authority so weak liners are caught by the shallow outfielders. His defense is awful. He has no arm. He can no longer be relied on to steal bases. He offers absolutely nothing and advanced stats show that he is literally the worst player in MLB. That's why most people would boo him.

Edited by BigSqwert

Juan is in a different category of bad. Yes, some of the other players are off to bad starts. His defense is bad. His offense is bad. His base stealing is awful, and his base running is worse.

AJ probably gets a pass more than anyone, which isn't right.

Dunn is coming around.

Beckham plays good defense, and is still young.

Pierre is expected to get on base, steal bases, and score runs. He's also expected to catch the baseball. He's been an awful player in every facet of the game.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 16, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
AJ probably gets a pass more than anyone, which isn't right.

AJ's slowly coming around also, he's 6 for his last 16 at least, and would have been better had Safeco not amazingly held a ball that would have left anywhere else in MLB except Petco.

Juan Pierre does suck at baseball. He deserves to bat ninth, but so do a lot of other guys.

I guess we could lead off Rios or Beckham.

Rios is hitting .201 with 10 RBIs. Awful.

Gordon is hitting .222 with 13 RBIs. Awful.

Adam Dunn, who is making so much money it is incomprehensible, is hitting .210 with a grand total of four home runs. He has a whopping 16 RBIs.

AJ is hitting a stellar .246 with one home run and 12 RBIs and six whopping runs scored. Whoopie.

Those are four guys who start for us and totally suck as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Juan Pierre does suck at baseball. He deserves to bat ninth, but so do a lot of other guys.

I guess we could lead off Rios or Beckham.

Rios is hitting .201 with 10 RBIs. Awful.

Gordon is hitting .222 with 13 RBIs. Awful.

Adam Dunn, who is making so much money it is incomprehensible, is hitting .210 with a grand total of four home runs. He has a whopping 16 RBIs.

AJ is hitting a stellar .246 with one home run and 12 RBIs and six whopping runs scored. Whoopie.

Those are four guys who start for us and totally suck as well.

Everyone else you mentioned brings at least one thing to the table whether it's good defense, higher OBP, or power. Juan literally offers nothing at all. Why don't you understand that?

And at his age it's not like he's going to become faster and start stealing more bases or develop a stronger arm to throw guys out.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Everyone else you mentioned brings at least one thing to the table whether it's good defense, higher OBP, or power. Juan literally offers nothing at all. Why don't you understand that?

And at his age it's not like he's going to become faster and start stealing more bases or develop a stronger arm to throw guys out.

I do understand he sucks maybe even worse than those guys I mentioned, but those other guys have been huge reasons our team is buried as well.

I don't like a class act like Pierre catching ALL the venom of our fans and have a cop out of booing him that most of the boos are for Ozzie. Man up and boo Ozzie if you hate Ozzie's handling of Juan.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
I do understand he sucks maybe even worse than those guys I mentioned, but those other guys have been huge reasons our team is buried as well.

I don't like a class act like Pierre catching ALL the venom of our fans and have a cop out of booing him that most of the boos are for Ozzie. Man up and boo Ozzie if you hate Ozzie's handling of Juan.

You're right that other guys deserve serious boo's out there. Rios and Beckham especially deserve an earful. You can let Dunn pass because of the surgery and he seems to be coming around and is a proven player so he should break out of it soon. Rios and Becks have no excuse for their play. Maybe Beckham just isn't as good as we all thought he was after 2009.

And all of this coming after a 6-3 road trip! I really wonder how many boo birds will be out tonight as they do deserve a FEW claps for a nice road trip where we usually get slaughtered.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
You're right that other guys deserve serious boo's out there. Rios and Beckham especially deserve an earful. You can let Dunn pass because of the surgery and he seems to be coming around and is a proven player so he should break out of it soon. Rios and Becks have no excuse for their play. Maybe Beckham just isn't as good as we all thought he was after 2009.

And all of this coming after a 6-3 road trip! I really wonder how many boo birds will be out tonight as they do deserve a FEW claps for a nice road trip where we usually get slaughtered.

I think there should be positive energy cause of the 6-3 trip.

That's why I initially didn't like the idea of booing Juan. I mean that's stupid buzzkill in the first inning.

If this team is going to creep back to .500 it has to keep winning series. Texas is capable of sending us back to s***sville. We need to play good baseball to beat Tex. Booing is bad mo jo.