5/16 Games

flavum

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
Blanke 2-4, 2B

I'd like to see him and Petricka in W-S in the near future.

Agreed. There's a few guys that should be pushed to see if they can handle it. The first major promotions (for guys who aren't relievers) should be coming soon. Hopefully we don't have to wait until the first half of the season is over for all of them.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Saladino 1-3, HR. His 2nd of the season. I still would like to see more opinions on his defense. KG has called him a true SS, but he's the only one who seems confident in that regard.

Who is KG?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
KW Jr. or Juan Pierre? Wow. This franchise is home to some of the worst players in baseball, majors and minors.

At least Juan Pierre has proven to be useful in the past. He's not placed due to nepotism.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Saladino 1-3, HR. His 2nd of the season. I still would like to see more opinions on his defense. KG has called him a true SS, but he's the only one who seems confident in that regard.

Think Gordon Beckham except more range and better hands. (though IMO Beckham has the better arm when he was the SS for Georgia)

Jeff (Ozzie Ball) probably has a better scouting report than I do though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
Think Gordon Beckham except more range and better hands. (though IMO Beckham has the better arm when he was the SS for Georgia)

Jeff (Ozzie Ball) probably has a better scouting report than I do though.

I'll defer to Mike Newman:

Defense: Throughout the series, Saladino made all of the routine plays and showed a solid average throwing arm which may have been a tick above. With Saladino’s thick trunk, I wonder about his range and how well he moves laterally. Slide him over to second base and his tools would play very well as an everyday player at higher levels. At shortstop, I envision Saladino playing the position in a pinch in more of a utility capacity.

http://scoutingthesally.com/tyler-saladino...g-report-video/

I'll take his opinion over most, particularly because it's first hand. You can never be sure where KG is getting his info from.