Teahen on DL, McPherson recalled from AAA

flavum

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ May 17, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Every time I hear the name McPhearson, I think of the 3 Stooges short called the Ghost Talks

Hilarious. I love the Stooges. Sounds like McPherson is a Stooge.

How hard is it? Bring up Dayan, cut Pierre, start to shop Dunn and Buehrle so the minute our esteemed GM thinks we're out of the race (which we are) we can start the firesale.

Getting somebody to overpay for Mark and Dunn would be a good start.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Wow, this team...

They're making it hard to root for and watch them.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
FU*K THIS TEAM!!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
I literally cannot imagine how bad the management of this team is. What a sad day to be a White Sox fan, it's like they are trying to lose on purpose. What a JOKE. F**K YOU OZZIE AND KENNY! You assh**es suck!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
This move is right up there with starting Kotsay everyday for virtually the whole season.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kotsama01.shtml

Check out the "sponsor" of his page, :lolhitting

I expected some ridiculous responses when I opened this thread but was surprised to see where some of them were coming from.

Teahen is going to be back in 10 days. Teahen backs up at 3B and 1B. Morel and Vizquel are going to be getting probably at least 8 of the next 10 starts at 3B. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VICIEDO. The Viciedo argument would be to replace Pierre, which I'm not going to even attempt to argue would be wrong, but this is a completely separate move. Getting mad over this is ridiculous. Calling up Dayan to sit the bench and get 10 at bats would have been pointless.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
I expected some ridiculous responses when I opened this thread but was surprised to see where some of them were coming from.

Teahen is going to be back in 10 days. Teahen backs up at 3B and 1B. Morel and Vizquel are going to be getting probably at least 8 of the next 10 starts at 3B. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VICIEDO. The Viciedo argument would be to replace Pierre, which I'm not going to even attempt to argue would be wrong, but this is a completely separate move. Getting mad over this is ridiculous. Calling up Dayan to sit the bench and get 10 at bats would have been pointless.

I'm not a big fan of the move, but I didn't even catch that three of the rants were from the same person.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
A guy who had a .840 OPS in the majors last year in over 100 at-bats (and he is raking at AAA) is past up for a 30-year-old AAAA player. F This Team.

No he wasn't. Dayan is no longer a 3B. I don't get why people aren't getting this. This was a temporary move to replace a bench player. Dayan is not in our plans to ride the bench. And he shouldn't be.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
No he wasn't. Dayan is no longer a 3B. I don't get why people aren't getting this. This was a temporary move to replace a bench player. Dayan is not in our plans to ride the bench. And he shouldn't be.

Teahen doesn't play third, either anymore. It boils down to the fact that Dayan is eons better than Juan Pierre. And we have to probably the fourth best hitter in the entire organization in AAA for no reason.

Oh the logic in here is so annoying with those backing Ozzie and Kenny on this saying we'd have to bench Dayan anyways. This is an opportunity to reconsider the whole Pierre situation and of course we made the wrong decision. THAT is what this is about.

WAKE UP!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Oh the logic in here is so annoying with those backing Ozzie and Kenny on this saying we'd have to bench Dayan anyways. This is an opportunity to reconsider the whole Pierre situation and of course we made the wrong decision. THAT is what this is about.

WAKE UP!

This has nothing to do with Juan Pierre unless Pierre can play 3b.

In fact it probably makes the Pierre thing more ensconced since Teahen was one of our backup OF's and now he's unavailable.

Holy s*** this thread sucks.

Teahen going to DL means two things... Vizquel plays 3B, Morel gets some ABs and McFearsome is the 25th man. He'll get an AB off the bench twice a week.

So really, who cares?

Besides, Ozzie wants a leftie power bat off the bench while Teahen is on DL. Who else were they supposed to call up? Jordan Danks?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)

In fact it probably makes the Pierre thing more ensconced since Teahen was one of our backup OF's and now he's unavailable.

Everyone is just thinking so logically here. Since Teahen plays 3B sometimes then we need to replace him with a 3B, NO MATTER WHAT RIGHT?

NONSENSE.

We had other options. We made the wrong decision, again.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Teahen doesn't play third, either anymore. It boils down to the fact that Dayan is eons better than Juan Pierre. And we have to probably the fourth best hitter in the entire organization in AAA for no reason.

Teahen has 11 starts, and 10 are at 3B.

The Dayan/Pierre thing is a completely different argument. I agree he should be up here, but this roster move today has/had nothing to do with him. McPherson will probably get a handful of at bats and be gone in 10 days.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)

Ugh, I don't even know what the point is anymore. People will make excuses for this organization until they die.

This was the perfect opportunity to get Viciedo onto the major league club, absolutely perfect. You could bring him up, as he's the best hitter available in the minors and then you could give him a few starts in LF to "rest" Juan. Ideally, he hits well and permanently takes Pierre's job away and it doesn't look like a slap to Pierre's face (because that is obviously a dilemma for Ozzie).

Nope, Dallas McPherson :lolhitting

Whatever though, this will just make the team worse and will hopefully hasten Ozzie's departure.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

WAKE UP!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I'm not a big fan of the move, but I didn't even catch that three of the rants were from the same person.

Come on, rant? My post was not even close to a rant. Jesus Christ, guys. The slightest big of negativity and the person is a raving lunatic now?

It's gonna be really messed up when Ozzie benches Pierre and starts McPherson for some reason. Just to stick it to us.

The reactions are hilarious though. Not benching/releasing Pierre is it's own separate problem from Teahen's injury, and to think otherwise you're just forcing yourself to be mad. They need a bench player Viciedo is a starter and also, NOT a 3rd Baseman anymore.

Also, McPherson is white, so you know he wont be getting many AB's haha. Seriously though, he wont break double digits in AB's before Teahen is back up.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

So since Ozzie refuses to make the correct move by benching Pierre and playing Viciedo in his place, it isn't OK to be angry about the correct player not getting the promotion?

Yes, I understand that Ozzie would just sit him. But now this is on KW, too. If Ozzie makes the incorrect moves, but KW reinforces those incorrect moves by refusing to make the right call-up, then they both need to go.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
This was the perfect opportunity to get Viciedo onto the major league club, absolutely perfect.

No, it wasn't. The perfect opportunity would be if Pierre were hitting the DL. A bench player who sees 6-8 at bats a week is not ideal.

You could bring him up, as he's the best hitter available in the minors and then you could give him a few starts in LF to "rest" Juan. Ideally, he hits well and permanently takes Pierre's job away and it doesn't look like a slap to Pierre's face (because that is obviously a dilemma for Ozzie).

He's absolutely the best bat in the minors but are you really naive enough to think that's actually how that would play out? Yes, Ozzie might give him 2-3 starts (out of 9 or 10) but then he'd be gone. He played well last year and still barely played. He would not be used appropriately. I have no doubt about that. And it would do him no good to play infrequently up here. Ozzie is going to continue to give Pierre the benefit of the doubt. If Dayan replaces anyone, it will be him or if one of PK/CQ/Dunn hits the DL. He will not be called up to play a backup or platoon role. And frankly, he shouldn't be.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)

I don't get you people anymore. Ozzie and KW could piss in some of your faces and you'd excuse them.