Indians vs. White Sox, 05/18, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
To be honest, it was your response to many great things Morel did last night, and you were right on across the board. This is just, laughable.

Morel should be out there for his defense alone. I like Masterson. But s***. We're not talking Felix, Verlander or Scherzer here.

If Ozzie would have stuck with Morel 2nite the other half of Sox fans would have complained he's going with his "guts" and not looking at the numbers. I think Ozzie has a good portion of blame to accept for the suck of the season so far, but I also put a good amount on the hitters who are not performing so any line-up Ozzie runs out there is questioned.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
If Ozzie would have stuck with Morel 2nite the other half of Sox fans would have complained he's going with his "guts" and not looking at the numbers. I think Ozzie has a good portion of blame to accept for the suck of the season so far, but I also put a good amount on the hitters who are not performing so any line-up Ozzie runs out there is questioned.

Ridiculously small sample size, but Morel has been a lot better this year against RHP (.257 average) than against LHP (.154 average).

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)

I disagree. Morel was '05 World Series Crede-like in the field yesterday and hit a 3-run HR. He was hitting .187 on May 3rd. He's hitting .229 now. That's a .42 point jump in just over two weeks. Let's see if he can keep it up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
Morel should be out there for his defense alone. I like Masterson. But s***. We're not talking Felix, Verlander or Scherzer here.

Masterson has better numbers than all 3 of those against right handed batters, and only Scherzer is close to struggling as much against lefties as Masterson.

I am by no means a stat only guy, I think everything has to be taken into account, but the stark difference lefties and righties vs. Masterson is significant.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Ridiculously small sample size, but Morel has been a lot better this year against RHP (.257 average) than against LHP (.154 average).

I'm only looking at this season as well, so as far as career goes, it's small, but the Masterson splits are wildly different favoring lefties.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I disagree. Morel was '05 World Series Crede-like in the field yesterday and hit a 3-run HR. He was hitting .187 on May 3rd. He's hitting .229 now. That's a .42 point jump in just over two weeks. Let's see if he can keep it up.

normally I would agree with you, but the difference is so overwhelming to me that I'll cut ozzie a break on this one. The one guy lefty I wouldn't have been outraged if he went Stealth Elf/Rios in the OF instead of Elf/Pierre, that's because Pierre is so terrible at the plate right now I don't think it would matter if he was facing a lefty, righty or ball on a tee

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
The crowd will be terrible with the Bulls playing and the weather.

So a typical game, attendance-wise, in 2011.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 18, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
So a typical game, attendance-wise, in 2011.

Amazingly enough, we're not far off of the 2010 attendance pace despite the weather. After 18 home games last year, we were averaging 22,843, this year after 18 home games we're averaging 22,242.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Amazingly enough, we're not far off of the 2010 attendance pace despite the weather. After 18 home games last year, we were averaging 22,843, this year after 18 home games we're averaging 22,242.

I think the weather was warmer last year, but 2010 attendance had two similar issues going against it. A bad baseball team and another Chicago team on a potential championship run.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
I guess I'd be more accepting if McPherson wasn't the alternative. But he's not young. So Ozzie automatically likes him.

Both KW and Ozzie do prefer veterans.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 18, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Both KW and Ozzie do prefer veterans.

Then they should have signed someone else to be the regular at 3b rather than trying to develop the kid. After a spectacular game like last night he should not be on the bench. If you're going to treat him like this, put him in AAA for another season, let him develop there, and spend some extra money on your big league roster.