JAKE F'N PEAVY!!!

macsandz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
Obviously his health is far from a sure bet. But it is very nice to know that after such rare/serious surgery he is still capable of being a dominant pitcher. I don't know that anybody knew what to expect, and this has to be pretty damn close to (if not) the best case scenario.

The gist I got the entire time was that it didn't seem like there would be many problems with him coming back, just that it was a really unique injury.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
The gist I got the entire time was that it didn't seem like there would be many problems with him coming back, just that it was a really unique injury.

Yeah, that seemed to be what was said. I just thought I'd believe it when I saw it. I think tonight we saw it.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:30 AM)
Eat it all you doubters that have been b*tching about the guy since last season. He's an Ace and you better recognize. :notworthy

I don't know why doubters are considered haters.

I've always felt great about Jake's attitude. s***, he probably would have killed Ozzie had Ozzie removed him from the game in the ninth.

It's just the frustrating production because of his injuries.

Obviously I eat it tonight. But I feel great for Peavy and hope he can stay healthy.

Most of the doubters have at least said we respect the guy's grittiness.

He is a bad ass.

I didn't catch the game tonight. I was watching the Bulls play sloppy basketball. Jake Peavy pitch good?

:lolhitting

Well, there was grittiness.

By gritiness - like awesome pitching performance by Jake.

8 men left on base, only 1 scored, bunts/steals/etc/...the...Ozzieball...tried to make us lose... But..the players, they rose up and we won 1-0, anyway with some great ... well, he didn't call in Thornton (but was getting ready to) but let Jake finish his own game so we won.

Jake was beast. Totally took the game (not sure how Ozzie didn't pry the win from his hands).

Also, we still can't f***ing score.

Edited by Andrew

I didn't catch the game tonight. I was watching the Bulls play sloppy basketball. Jake Peavy pitch good?

:lolhitting

Well, there was grindiness.

By grindiness - like awesome pitching performance by Jake.

8 men left on base, only 1 scored, bunts/steals/etc/...all wasted, of course. The...Ozzieball...tried to make us lose...

But..the players, they rose up and we won 1-0, anyway with some great ... well, he didn't call in Thornton (but was getting ready to) but let Jake finish his own game so we won.

<Still can't f***ing score...>

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
Well, there was grittiness.

By gritiness - like awesome pitching performance by Jake.

8 men left on base, only 1 scored, bunts/steals/etc/...the...Ozzieball...tried to make us lose... But..the players, they rose up and we won 1-0, anyway with some great ... well, he didn't call in Thornton (but was getting ready to) but let Jake finish his own game so we won.

Jake was beast. Totally took the game (not sure how Ozzie didn't pry the win from his hands).

Also, we still can't f***ing score.

They went up against a guy who has thrown the ball pretty well himself. In fact, the Sox scored 1 run against him after scoring 25 runs the previous two games in the previous matchup.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...id=mlb#continue

Merkin game write-up with lots of good quotes.

And Ozzie still wants to manage in the NL and have every game be 1-0, decided on sacrifice bunts/flies, stolen bases and hitting to the right side of the field.

He should trade places with Gardenhire, that style is a lot more suitable for Target Field, Safeco, Oakland Coliseum (I refuse to call it overstock.com) or PetCo.

Edited by caulfield12

My congrats and admiration to Jake and all involved in his surgery and recovery to this point. I saw Bo hit homers with an artificial hip, but what happened last night was even more amazing.

I've seen some good pitching in the past, and often a pitcher has a rough spot or two even in a good performance. But Peavy looked 100% in control. There was no lack of confidence, and he was throwing the ball exceptionally well. If you believe the gun he was throwing around 95 a few times, and that made his change-up and that nasty slider all the more effective.

Now the question is can he go out next time and pitch well again? Hopefully the JFP is back.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
He sure was great. I hope it's here and here to stay.

Sorely needed and that was an inspirational as it can get.

So inspirational that it inspired our offense to score zero runs in the final eight innings ...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2011 -> 06:32 AM)
If we can beat the Indians again, there might be a genuine renewal/reversal of hope by at least 50% of the bandwagon that's been lost.

It doesn't really mean anything, but we're only four games out of a playoff spot right now, it's not like we're toast.