JAKE F'N PEAVY!!!

macsandz

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
I was lucky enough to be at the game last night and I've gotta say that that was the best pitching performance I've ever been witness to. Peavy looked phenomenal. I did notice that he was pitching from the first base side of the pitching rubber, about as far that way as he can go. Does anyone know if this is a recent adjustment or has he done this for a while?

I believe he made this adjustment in his last Charlotte start during the 3rd inning after giving up 5 runs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Do you need a valium? I'll say this ONE more time. I was responding to milk. I assumed he was quite pleased with Peavy's performance. As was I, though I didn't see it. But you're always going to be worried about him getting hurt again. I clearly said in so many words I wasn't going to worry about that right now and be positive.

Edit: I see I used the word content. I guess that can be construed as still being negative. Which I wasn't trying to do. I'm very pleased with Jake right now.

No, it's not that part at all...it's the "if his elbow pops then so be it..." part...even though it was a response to Milk, who of course had to bring up injury concerns like 8 minutes after the guy pitches a 3 hit shutout.

Nothing wrong with you guys having your little pity parties all the time...but why do you need to go into the mainstream threads and post some evil s*** like that even when we have things going our way? When things are finally starting to look like they are turning around? You rip on them if they lose, you say blow up the team if they lose these games....so they go out and win the darn game and you guys are immediately in the thread spreading your doom and gloom there too.

You guys are just thriving on the negativity at this point, it seems.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
No, it's not that part at all...it's the "if his elbow pops then so be it..." part...even though it was a response to Milk, who of course had to bring up injury concerns like 8 minutes after the guy pitches a 3 hit shutout.

Nothing wrong with you guys having your little pity parties all the time...but why do you need to go into the mainstream threads and post some evil s*** like that even when we have things going our way? When things are finally starting to look like they are turning around? You rip on them if they lose, you say blow up the team if they lose these games....so they go out and win the darn game and you guys are immediately in the thread spreading your doom and gloom there too.

Alright. I can see where you're coming from. My fault. I didn't mean it like that. I don't want the Sox to lose. lol.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 19, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
Seriously, wtf is this? You both have passed the point of being the "realistic" fans and entered the zone of actually cheering against good things happening to this team. Go ahead and do that, but I can't wait to see all the s*** you continue to catch for it.

The guy has been hurt constantly as a White Sox player. Fact.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)

You know what you should do? Cry about it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)

Cmon.

Don't worry, be happy should be the motto when your team wins.

I'm shocked the Randy Quaid character in Major League hasn't made people realize when they need a quaidlude.

I can be as negative as anybody but when we win, baby, there's no worries.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 19, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)

Fine, Milk.

You go ahead and constantly b**** and moan whether we win or we lose.

I could give a s*** if you want to make yourself miserable.

In the meantime, I'm not going to feel any pity when you are constantly derided for your piss poor attitude.

"All is normal," Peavy said one day after throwing a 111-pitch, three-hit shutout against the Indians in his second major league game since returning from a detached latissimus dorsi muscle near his right shoulder 10 months ago. "I've been here since 1 o'clock, got all my work in with the trainers and strength and conditioning coach. Everything is normal, not much to report."

Peavy did say he felt some soreness, but in "good areas." He was scheduled to play catch Thursday before the game.

Peavy said Wednesday's win was as gratifying as any regular season victory he has earned because of his comeback from the injury and the long rehabilitation.

"Even when I got going last year, I just didn't have the same stuff I had (Wednesday)," Peavy said. "So I'm very pleased and very blessed to have the opportunity to compete and you almost feel like you're on borrowed time at this point. There was a time through all this ... you don't know if you'll get the opportunity to pitch again.

"So to go out there and be able to grind through the same stuff you did in the past, it's obviously exciting and hopefully we can build on that and keep it going for the next few years in Chicago."

MG

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
Fine, Milk.

You go ahead and constantly b**** and moan whether we win or we lose.

I could give a s*** if you want to make yourself miserable.

In the meantime, I'm not going to feel any pity when you are constantly derided for your piss poor attitude.

LOL, OK. It's not bothering me, so I don't need any pity.