Indians @ White Sox, 05/19, 7:10, WCIU

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Morel might be benched for two games because the two starters we've faced (especially Masterson) are notoriously tough on righties.

It might also have something to do with him not drawing a walk yet.

Yes, these starters are tough on righties. Morel has hit righties better than lefties this season. Dallas McPherson has done jack squat to earn starting playing time, while Brent Morel has actually been hitting this month. Dallas McPherson isn't going to be with this team long term, and he has no business starting 2 games in a row when there's a developmental candidate who wowed us on defense 2 days ago sitting on the bench.

One game? Fine. And I wouldn't be mad if McPherson had earned it by performing yesterday. He didn't. That notoriously tough on righties starter killed him yesterday.

Morel not starting is pretty ridiculous. I would make a joke that Morel is white and therefor Ozzie is prone to bench him, but McPherson is white too. I'm confused.

But at least, when Morel gets back into the games, his defense rhythm will be off, and he'll strike out 4 times....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Yes, these starters are tough on righties. Morel has hit righties better than lefties this season. Dallas McPherson has done jack squat to earn starting playing time, while Brent Morel has actually been hitting this month. Dallas McPherson isn't going to be with this team long term, and he has no business starting 2 games in a row when there's a developmental candidate who wowed us on defense 2 days ago sitting on the bench.

One game? Fine. And I wouldn't be mad if McPherson had earned it by performing yesterday. He didn't. That notoriously tough on righties starter killed him yesterday.

This.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Morel not starting is pretty ridiculous. I would make a joke that Morel is white and therefor Ozzie is prone to bench him, but McPherson is white too. I'm confused.

But at least, when Morel gets back into the games, his defense rhythm will be off, and he'll strike out 4 times....

Being white has nothing to do w/ it. Kotsay was his baby last year, and he was white, while Andruw Jones was outperforming him majorly, and still got less playing time, and Jones is NOT white.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
Being white has nothing to do w/ it. Kotsay was his baby last year, and he was white, while Andruw Jones was outperforming him majorly, and still got less playing time, and Jones is NOT white.

Pretty sure that was a joke.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
It's ok everyone, Mark Gonzales just tweeted: "Juan Pierre out for early bunting practice."

So no worries, we got this...

I saw "Juan Pierre out" and I thought he was out for the game. Then I read the rest. :crying

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Come on, didn't we get 5 hits with McPhearson in there yesterday? Why change?

I agree. He was a huge spark for our offense. Why would you guys want to mess with that right now?

You wonder why we can't develop s*** for position players from the minors. This is the same crap he has done for years. Play good, get rewarded with a nice crisp benching. Play bad, and you will rot out there until you take it into the field so we can demote you. Yet his Marlins BFF gets to suck out in LF and gets starts. Its time to get a new manager.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Good news....

@CSNChi_Beatnik

Brett Ballantini

Hafner, Cabrera out, Buck too? Lotsa Wahoos in the M*A*S*H unit tonight. Could aid a Gavin bounce-back game.

Pronk! Pronkness! The Pronkster!!! GFY you HGH-using, Vin Diesel-lookin has been.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ May 19, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Protecting Morel from tough pitchers. Showcasing McPhearson so we can trade for a new leadoff hitter.

Showcasing. LOL

If anyone for any reason really wanted Dallas, they just have to wait until he is sent back down and just grab him off waivers.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
Protecting Morel from tough pitchers. Showcasing McPhearson so we can trade for a new leadoff hitter.

Huh? Showcasing McPherson? Who's gonna trade for him?

Edited by JoshPR