Lookin at a few prospects, Viciedo included

ntorvik

I know I've been watching Viciedo for a bit to see if he could in some way help the club. He has the bat, but obviously, if you're looking at him from a DH standpoint, he can't take Dunn's spot with the money they have in him. Not sure the outfield would be a good fit for him right now either. The other two guys in this article: http://www.upperdeckreport.com/news_articl...errer_id=290721 look kind of iffy. Jordan Danks (brother of John Danks, whom I didn't even know had a brother) just doesn't look consistent enough to take the center field spot and Tyler Flowers (whom I've looked at before) just doesn't have the defense!

Viciedo has been playing OF, particularly RF, almost exclusively this year. And reports have been pretty positive on his play out there. He has also played a bit at 1B. He's really no longer a 3B.

Danks' issue was the high K totals, and he started this year with that same problem... but he seems to have made a pretty dramatic shift for the better recently. So keep an eye on him.

Flowers is a puzzle. I thought for sure he'd figure it out midway through last year, but he's still struggling. If you want to look at catchers in the system, keep an eye on Phegley, and maybe also Gonzalez and Blanke.

Williams has been pleased with the defensive work of Charlotte catcher Tyler Flowers.

"Offensively, Tyler is going to hit better here than down there, but he has to get here," Williams said of Flowers, who was batting .244 with four home runs through 26 games. "He has a lot of anxiety to get here, and it's just going to take a little more time. There's nothing wrong with a little more experience."

Link