AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

TheBigHurt

8 back, only 5 games under. The Teahen curse is GONE! For now.

Seriously. TWICE now Teahen goes down and things start looking up. Seriously, the front office should put a permanent BAN on dealing with players from KC!

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Seriously. TWICE now Teahen goes down and things start looking up. Seriously, the front office should put a permanent BAN on dealing with players from KC!

Teahen just appears to be the epitome of "loser". Losing just follows him around. He looks the part too...just a dude that walks around with a black cloud hanging over his head bringing everyone down with him by just entering a clubhouse. Sad...seems like a nice guy...but he's just a L-O-S-E-R.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)

or it's the Mojo of McPherson!

Just a coincidence, lack of Teahen didn't make PK get a clutch hit in the 1st or have Dunn and Ramirez extend the lead in the early innings.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
Teahen just appears to be the epitome of "loser". Losing just follows him around. He looks the part too...just a dude that walks around with a black cloud hanging over his head bringing everyone down with him by just entering a clubhouse. Sad...seems like a nice guy...but he's just a L-O-S-E-R.

LOL at how this thread is becoming angry.

We won folks!

Keep winning series, baby steps back to .500?

Edited by greg775

Just got back from the game. First, Patio Party is EPIC, definitely worth it with a large group of friends and over 21. I drank about 8 beers in 2 hrs there, lots of fun being that close to the action and unlimited beer.

Second, what a fantastic game to watch, blown awa by the early success of the offense and Floyd, I knew you were going to bring your beastmode!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
Also encouraging last night was seeing Chris Sale hitting 97 consistently last night. That was as hard as he has thrown all year.

Pitch F/X agrees and thinks he was 2-4 mph above what he's averaged this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Also encouraging last night was seeing Chris Sale hitting 97 consistently last night. That was as hard as he has thrown all year.

I also liked Gavin hitting 93 late in the game out of the stretch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)

Well how bout that. Were a month and a half into the season and a pitcher is throwing harder than he did in April.. Shocking! That was more of a shot at the gloom and doom posters who always bring up velocity in early April.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Well how bout that. Were a month and a half into the season and a pitcher is throwing harder than he did in April.. Shocking! That was more of a shot at the gloom and doom posters who always bring up velocity in early April.

His control was what worried me, hopefully he found a good rythym to again.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:11 AM)
I also liked Gavin hitting 93 late in the game out of the stretch.

He made Adam Everett looked horrendous twice in the game. Was beautiful to watch. Gavy is so fun when he has it working. He has such a good arsenal of pitchers, between his FB, Curve, and Change (which is just nasty when its on).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
He made Adam Everett looked horrendous twice in the game. Was beautiful to watch. Gavy is so fun when he has it working. He has such a good arsenal of pitchers, between his FB, Curve, and Change (which is just nasty when its on).

I love his curve, I just wish he could find a way to get it working before the 3rd inning or so. He was great last night after the first inning. I don't know if the runs relaxed him, or he just found his stuff, but it worked.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
I love his curve, I just wish he could find a way to get it working before the 3rd inning or so. He was great last night after the first inning. I don't know if the runs relaxed him, or he just found his stuff, but it worked.

The nice thing about Floyd is, even when he isn't on, he seems like he's really learned to battle and work his way until he eventually can find his release point and get outs and make some headway. Of course I'm saying this after he had a couple rough outings (which I'm going to chalk up to the ball hitting him). I still think this kid is going to have a couple seasons where he just has it all together for an entire season and puts down 20 wins.

I love me some Gavy! And I'm such a Gavy homer!