Sox to recognize two studs in Dodger series

greg775

From tonight's Associated Press coverage of the great win over Cleveland.

"Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said the club plans to recognize Dodgers pitcher Jon Garland and infielder Juan Uribe when they come to town Friday to begin an interleague series. Both were key members of the team’s 2005 World Series championship. ..."

I say that's great.

I'd like the see the highlight montage you know they are going to come up with.

If you go to the game, tape it please and tell us where we can see it.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
I'm like "Baby are you down down down down down?" kind of down on this.

Although the term "stud" to describe Uribe and Garland is ummm...yeah.

Garlands a stud if were going by how he looks

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
Hey look, it's Garland and Uribe". OK, we recognized them. We were distracted for a couple seconds, now explain the under .500 team you got on the field.

The front office has to do something, anything, to get more than 22K at the stadium.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
The front office has to do something, anything, to get more than 22K at the stadium.

Pump out extra CO2 so that eventually the planet locks itself into a permanent El Nino state and we stop getting La Nina springs like this one?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Have Garland/Uribe not frequented the Cell since '05? What are they going to do? Announce their names and all 275 fans do the slow clap? Stupid.

Edit: I obviously meant since they left the Sox.

I don't think they have actually. I don't know why people would be upset about this. They were two integral pieces to our WS team and they are making their first return since leaving the Sox. Why not give them a quick tribute to show respect and thanks? Did you have a problem when we did it for Frank? Or Crede?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:51 AM)
I don't think they have actually. I don't know why people would be upset about this. They were two integral pieces to our WS team and they are making their first return since leaving the Sox. Why not give them a quick tribute to show respect and thanks? Did you have a problem when we did it for Frank? Or Crede?

I'm with you. Who cares, and what does it hurt?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Nice gesture by the :gosox3: . What are they gonna do otherwise, ignore them?

Treat them the same as every other player on an opposing team? It's been six years. Maybe you do something the following season if they were gone, but it's been too long. I like the gesture, but not sox years later.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
Treat them the same as every other player on an opposing team? It's been six years. Maybe you do something the following season if they were gone, but it's been too long. I like the gesture, but not sox years later.

Sox years is way longer than 6 years.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

And neither of them have been to the Cell since. It's not like they will base the entire weekend's activities around them and mention them every half-inning. Just show them a little respect & gratitude and then go on with the mediocre baseball. What's the big deal? If the fans really want to show them something extra, they will when either player comes to bat (Garland on Sat.)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2011 -> 05:25 AM)
Have Garland/Uribe not frequented the Cell since '05? What are they going to do? Announce their names and all 275 fans do the slow clap? Stupid.

Edit: I obviously meant since they left the Sox.

Garland spent a long time in Chicago and was a quality pitcher with the White Sox and helped us gain a World Series trophy. Uribe made two of the best plays in the 9th inning of the final game of the world series, including making the final out. They deserve to be recognized. I'd imagine Garland was in Chicago before (with the angels) but this might be Uribe's first time back.