Sox to recognize two studs in Dodger series

greg775

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
AJ has to be in there. Everyone loved him that year. Pods too.

True on both of those. It'd actually be interesting to see how this boards top 5 from that season would compare to the general fan base because it'd be quite the difference that's for sure.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
True on both of those. It'd actually be interesting to see how this boards top 5 from that season would compare to the general fan base because it'd be quite the difference that's for sure.

I smell a poll brewing.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Crede was still with the Sox in 06, 07 and 08. He just happened to go to a division rival that they play every year. They honored him when he made his first start as an opposing player.

This is the first time Garland will make a start at US Cellular field as an opposing player. Same with Uribe.

Yes, and as I said, that is the reason it is so awkward. It was cool to do it for Crede and Frank because they returned the following season to Comiskey. With these guys, it has been years. It's like, just let it go. The s*** was six years ago.

Edited by Milkman delivers

I like the idea to recognize these two guys. Uribe is definitely someone who seems to be more popular with Sox fans now than when he was actually on the Sox. It doesn't hurt anyone to do this, and it's not like we're recognizing Timo or Luiz Viczaino.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
I like the idea to recognize these two guys. Uribe is definitely someone who seems to be more popular with Sox fans now than when he was actually on the Sox. It doesn't hurt anyone to do this, and it's not like we're recognizing Timo or Luiz Viczaino.

C'mon Timo!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes, and as I said, that is the reason it is so awkward. It was cool to do it for Peavy and Frank because they returned the following season to Comiskey. With these guys, it has been years. It's like, just let it go. The s*** was six years ago.

Wait, Peavy?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)

There was A LOT of Uribe hate on Soxtalk for sure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Here's my thought on this. We hear so much about the player relations problems when the happen. They get made into some huge controversy when they happen, and spun into this idea that no one will ever want to play here. The reality is this is just an example of the organization going out of its way to recognize successful former-employees. I think it is a great idea.

Great point which I had not considered. Moves me a little away from no bid deal and dumb to no big idea and maybe not dumb, but not genius either.

This would be like the Yankees honoring Scott Brosius and Hideki Irabu from the '99 team.

It's just a reminder to me of how terrible the history of the White Sox is where we have to honor Juan Uribe and Jon Garland.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
I don't mind honoring these guys, but I think it's ridiculous that Jerry Reinsdorf told Juan Pierre to honor Scott Podsednik all season by getting caught stealing and picked off twice a week.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes, and as I said, that is the reason it is so awkward. It was cool to do it for Peavy and Frank because they returned the following season to Comiskey. With these guys, it has been years. It's like, just let it go. The s*** was six years ago.

I'm sure they would've done it sooner if they could've but that's MLB's unbalanced schedule for ya.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
This would be like the Yankees honoring Scott Brosius and Hideki Irabu from the '99 team.

It's just a reminder to me of how terrible the history of the White Sox is where we have to honor Juan Uribe and Jon Garland.

Well we're not the Yankees.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Anyway when they honored Crede all they really did was play a montage before the game even started. He was on the field stretching when they did it.

Then in his first AB he got a standing O.

Then he hit a homerun. <_>

Sounds like the same exact scenario as Frank's return.