Dodgers @ White Sox, 5/20, 7:10, CSN

We need to wait for perfect weather with the wind blowing out.

Good one.

We also could have had another professional hitter - Vlad. But, he guess he was too expensive at $ 8 mil. Plus, the Sox couldn't have given away any pitching prospects or draft picks for him so I guess that wouldn't have figured into Kenny's 3-year plan.

Edited by WHITESOXRANDY

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of our 3 highest paid offensive players (Dunn and Rios) have almost literally been non contributors to our offense this season. They need to pick it up, but does anyone think either of those guys will finish out their current contracts with the Sox? The Dunn era seems to be getting uglier, with booing coming from the crowd tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
Adam Dunn is a worthless piece of s***. But let's blame Ozzie for this one.

greg, I sense you crawling back to the dark side (ie: Ozzieworld). Who blamed Ozzie for Dunn? If you think Ozzie managed well the last 3 innings tonight, then we will never agree on anything. Ozzie seemed to quit on Sergio out there.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:29 AM)
Well tip your cap to Ted Lilly. It was amazing how he worked us over with no command or control of his pitches. After a tough inning he started to go to two mediocre pitches and let the sox bats do all of the work.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:34 AM)
Yup sounds good.

Great first post. You post good stuff a lot. That is so true.

Second post.

My god. When are people on this board going to start blaming Dunn?? Is the guy ever going to do anything to win us a big game?

f***ing ground ball in the 10th. 0-5. My god he is a worthless piece of dung.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:35 AM)
My god. When are people on this board going to start blaming Dunn?? Is the guy ever going to do anything to win us a big game?

It figures the first big free agent we sign since Belle has been a total flop. Damn the Cubs for not pursuing him!

2 of our 3 highest paid offensive players (Dunn and Rios) have almost literally been non contributors to our offense this season. They need to pick it up, but does anyone think either of those guys will finish out their current contracts with the Sox? The Dunn era seems to be getting uglier, with booing coming from the crowd tonight.

Dunn isn't going anywhere. No other team would've given him that contract the SOX did this winter. ANd, he's a dinosaur now. Teams are not going with strictly DH's anymore. They are using multi-faceted players at that spot for flexibility. He's a dying breed and the Sox have him for 4 years.

It's not that he doesn't have value. He does and he will hit better. But, in no way was he worth that deal for the Sox - not even close.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Great first post. You post good stuff a lot. That is so true.

Second post.

Dunn can't hit right now. I blame him for selecting the 3rd hitting spot in the lineup lottery to ensure lots of ABs. If we only had an authority figure on this team that had his finger on the pulse of who is hitting and say who hasn't had a hit against a lefty all year long. Someone who makes the lineup. Besides the players and the lineup lottery.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
Why would he run that out? It was a routine ground ball, what are the odds they would mess that up?

Oh wait...

Lol, just pisses me off. I love Paulie as much as the next guy, but damnit it hurts to watch anyone WALK out of the box.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
Good one.

We also could have had another professional hitter - Vlad. But, he guess he was too expensive at $ 8 mil. Plus, the Sox couldn't have given away any pitching prospects or draft picks for him so I guess that wouldn't have figured into Kenny's 3-year plan.

Vladimir in the 2 nd half last year = Dunn right now.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
Dunn can't hit right now. I blame him for selecting the 3rd hitting spot in the lineup lottery to ensure lots of ABs. If we only had an authority figure on this team that had his finger on the pulse of who is hitting and say who hasn't had a hit against a lefty all year long.

Is Rongey saying "but he had an RBI tonight" in the postgame? I did laugh at Hawk saying how clutch Dunn has been lately, and then pointed out his first inning sac fly on Wednesday night.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Is Rongey saying "but he had an RBI tonight" in the postgame? I did laugh at Hawk saying how clutch Dunn has been lately, and then pointed out his first inning sac fly on Wednesday night.

No, he is too busy talking about how it is early, and how Ozzie is the greatest manager ever. If you don't agree with him, he'll hang up on you and call you names!

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Dunn isn't going anywhere. No other team would've given him that contract the SOX did this winter. ANd, he's a dinosaur now. Teams are not going with strictly DH's anymore. They are using multi-faceted players at that spot for flexibility. He's a dying breed and the Sox have him for 4 years.

It's not that he doesn't have value. He does and he will hit better. But, in no way was he worth that deal for the Sox - not even close.

Like kotsay? Or posada? Or Ortiz? Or kubel/thome? Or hafner?

The teams that get the best production from the dh spots have regular DH's.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
No, he is too busy talking about how it is early, and how Ozzie is the greatest manager ever. If you don't agree with him, he'll hang up on you and call you names!

Call you names?

Well at least you have the dignity not to throw out silly ad hominem stuff. You clearly have the right to make that comment.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:35 AM)
greg, I sense you crawling back to the dark side (ie: Ozzieworld). Who blamed Ozzie for Dunn? If you think Ozzie managed well the last 3 innings tonight, then we will never agree on anything. Ozzie seemed to quit on Sergio out there.

See we look at things differently. As badly as Ozzie may have managed (I did call for his firing during that embarrassing,, pathetic stretch before the 9-3 run) tonight, I look at it as he managed us into two outs nobody on and one run lead in the bottom of the fricking ninth.

Now whomever told Sergio to throw that pitch that that weak hitting bastard pounded into the seats to tie the game, I blame.

You guys get into other Ozzie stuff.

I have no beef with Thornton starting that inning. s*** Crain did the job. Then Sergio appeared to be notching another 1-2-3 save. We'd all have been pretty happy with the efficient victory.

But ...

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:39 AM)
Lol, just pisses me off. I love Paulie as much as the next guy, but damnit it hurts to watch anyone WALK out of the box.

That was bad form.

But speaking as another slow guy, sometimes it's tough to get that momentum going out of the box and you look like a galoot trying to get one's body motoring toward first.

He did look like he was dogging it. If so, they should fine him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
See we look at things differently. As badly as Ozzie may have managed (I did call for his firing during that embarring, pathetic stretch) tonight, I look at it as he managed us into two outs nobody on and one run lead in the bottom of the fricking ninth.

Now whomever told Sergio to throw that pitch that that weak hitting bastard pounded into the seats to tie the game, I blame.

You guys get into other Ozzie stuff.

I have no beef with Thornton starting that inning. s*** Crain did the job. Then Sergio appeared to be notching another 1-2-3 save. We'd all have been pretty happy with the efficient victory.

But ...

So looking considering Dunns struggles this year and the fact that a lefty was on the bump. Would you have bat him 3rd.

Vladimir in the 2 nd half last year = Dunn right now.

Vlad batter .300 last year and drove in 115 runs. He's hitting .308 right now. I'm not saying that he is the player that he was but he was practically free compared to Dunn. And, he's a better hitter. That's my point. There were a lot of other things that we could have done with $ 56 mil. like keeping Putz for $ 5 mil. per year and many other things and maybe even that draft pick could have been a great player that the Sox could have ruined in 2 years. That would be interesting to watch again.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:47 AM)
So looking considering Dunns struggles this year and the fact that a lefty was on the bump. Would you have bat him 3rd.

Noppe.

He should be batting eighth, but we have too many candidates for that.

He is pathetic.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Noppe.

He is pathetic.

Who made the lineup. Did he bat himself 3rd. Or did someone else put him in that position.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Noppe.

He is pathetic.

Who has actually earned the 3 spot? (keep in mind that konweko has a mental block about the spot.)

In the last 6 games Dunn is 2 for 22. Clutch. That's why is average went way back down again. That's how it works.