5/22 Game thread vs LAD

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexei having one of those "when your hot everything goes right" feelings at the plate.

And is anyone else noticing Ozzie having hitters swing at 3-0 more this year? I haven't caught alot of games, but it seems everytime I do, someone is swinging at 3-0 which has rarely happened in his tenure.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 22, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Alexei having one of those "when your hot everything goes right" feelings at the plate.

And is anyone else noticing Ozzie having hitters swing at 3-0 more this year? I haven't caught alot of games, but it seems everytime I do, someone is swinging at 3-0 which has rarely happened in his tenure.

I'd like to see a chart of times in the game when he lets them swing.

With a 4-0 lead and a hot batter in the fourth inning, let him swing.

If you need baserunners, take.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 22, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)

I think they realized that the scouting report said "The Sox will NEVER swing on 3-0" and so had to start a few times to change the scouting report.

Great Ozzie, another one of your hair brain schemes backfiring. Dunn is horrible at the plate so far this year and we all know he is a defensive liability at first and what do you do? Put him out there and he misses on a sharp grounder Paulie would have scooped up. Ozzie is so damn hard headed it is incredible.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

You're allowed to play Dunn at first every now and then. They gotta try something to get him going at the plate.

It's not like this is the 8th inning of a 1 run game.

edit: and just like that he makes a nice play!

Edited by gravybread

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ May 22, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Great Ozzie, another one of your hair brain schemes backfiring. Dunn is horrible at the plate so far this year and we all know he is a defensive liability at first and what do you do? Put him out there and he misses on a sharp grounder Paulie would have scooped up. Ozzie is so damn hard headed it is incredible.

Paul Konerko can not play 1b every day. He gave Kotsay credit last year for him having a good season since he was able to DH sometimes.

Yes, Dunn at 1b is weak. He's been there 2 days and maybe he'll cost us a run this inning, while we're going to have won both of the games big (barring a pitching meltdown).

Complaining about extra time off for Konerko is crazy.

Oh, and there's a nice save by Dunn.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ May 22, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)

Dunn with a nice play in response.

Paul Konerko can not play 1b every day. He gave Kotsay credit last year for him having a good season since he was able to DH sometimes.

Yes, Dunn at 1b is weak. He's been there 2 days and maybe he'll cost us a run this inning, while we're going to have won both of the games big (barring a pitching meltdown).

Complaining about extra time off for Konerko is crazy.

Oh, and there's a nice save by Dunn.

My point wasn´t to complain about Paulie getting time off as much as Dunn as a liability.

OT but relavent. Viciedo is really rakin, 2 more HR today. Dunno what else he can to deserve a call up.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ May 22, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
My point wasn´t to complain about Paulie getting time off as much as Dunn as a liability.

Adam Dunn is going to keep getting at bats the whole season, and he should.