5/23 Game thread Sox at Rangers

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
He's made Morel a platoon guy without even knowing if he's a platoon guy. No young talent will ever develop with Ozzie in charge.

I think you're going overboard with the generalization. Ozzie didn't do this with Beckham, Alexei or TCQ when they struggled as young players. The coaches must see something that they prefer to ease Morel into the full time role with giving him good chances to succeed.

Go head and fire away at me for looking for an answer.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 23, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
I think you're going overboard with the generalization. Ozzie didn't do this with Beckham, Alexei or TCQ when they struggled as young players. The coaches must see something that they prefer to ease Morel into the full time role with giving him good chances to succeed.

Go head and fire away at me for looking for an answer.

I would never fire at you. I don't do that. But I don't like the way Morel is being handled.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I would never fire at you. I don't do that. But I don't like the way Morel is being handled.

Gotta agree with this. Morel has shown the ability to adjust and improve at each level, after a slow start. I'd like to see some patience exercised with the kid, and play him, nearly every day.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)

i don't either but making the generalization that no young player will develop is unfair. Although it does seem to be hitters and not pitchers doesn't it. Maybe Ozzie is the anti-Pinella, he has no idea how to handle hitters,

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
i don't either but making the generalization that no young player will develop is unfair. Although it does seem to be hitters and not pitchers doesn't it. Maybe Ozzie is the anti-Pinella, he has no idea how to handle hitters,

Well, if any young player develops after getting benched as punishment for starting to hit, he'll do so in spite of how he's used, not because of it.

Brent is not learning how to hit ML pitching with 4 at bats a week. And Dallas McPherson has not earned this playing time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Well, if any young player develops after getting benched as punishment for starting to hit, he'll do so in spite of how he's used, not because of it.

Brent is not learning how to hit ML pitching with 4 at bats a week. And Dallas McPherson has not earned this playing time.

Do any of us understand the Dallas McP love?!? I sure don't.

Are we that desperate to make the lineup more left-handed? This is ridiculous. More BrentS please, ASAP.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
That's cause he's not fast anymore. We should be doing a hit and run whenever Juan is up with someone on first.

Kind of sa that he singled in the first and was stranded at first. The pitcher never had to worry.