5/23 Game thread Sox at Rangers

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:43 AM)
Yeah, lets all pretend that teams are breaking down the door for the 0-8 pitcher.

I think he still has some value, but he has been a huge disappointment this season. I'm just relieved we didn't give him some 4 year, 68 mil extension or anything like that.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Anyone remember why Cincy let Hamilton go? Can't remember the details.

Pretty sure they were just trying to sell high on him...he went from a complete bust to a very good player, but I don't think they trusted that his success would last.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
If you watch any games at all you should already know! :lolhitting

I follow on gameday on my iPod and spend time with you all, I get my info here and on my other board, I'm kinda a slave for work so not much time to read up

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
I think he still has some value, but he has been a huge disappointment this season. I'm just relieved we didn't give him some 4 year, 68 mil extension or anything like that.

Man that would have been a huge discount

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)

You guys are really busting out the pessimism tonight!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
You guys are really busting out the pessimism tonight!

With regards to being happy that we didn't give Danks ace money? I fully expected the Sox to lose tonight, as Ogando's a tough match-up for a righty heavy team. Have you seen his numbers against righties this season?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
With regards to being happy that we didn't give Danks ace money? I fully expected the Sox to lose tonight, as Ogando's a tough match-up for a righty heavy team. Have you seen his numbers against righties this season?

Let's not overreact here...he definitely has had a bit of a down year, but he's a 26 year old lefty with 46 wins under his belt and a career ERA around 4 pitching in a bandbox...to say that his value is seriously compromised based on his W-L record this year or a few rough outings seems to be a bit ridiculous to me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Let's not overreact here...he definitely has had a bit of a down year, but he's a 26 year old lefty with 46 wins under his belt and a career ERA around 4 pitching in a bandbox...to say that his value is seriously compromised based on his W-L record this year or a few rough outings seems to be a bit ridiculous to me.

I thought I said in an earlier post that I didn't think his value was too diminished for other teams right now. For the Sox, I absolutely cannot see how they can afford him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)

Depends on what you mean by seriously compromised. You've got to admit that his desirability has dropped substantially.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
I thought I said in an earlier post that I didn't think his value was too diminished for other teams right now. For the Sox, I absolutely cannot see how they can afford him.

Oh ok, I missed that. Sorry.

Honestly, I think it's time to move him...this is the price we're ultimately going to pay for trading for Jake and bringing in Rios...and so be it.

I think we can still get some nice pieces for him, especially if we move him at the deadline to NYY or Boston.