5/23 Game thread Sox at Rangers

QUOTE (Real @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
So because Adam Dunn sucks, I need a therapist? Do you play a dumbass in real life, or just on message boards?

No, because I don't think you've ever said a positive thing in your life. You allow Adam Dunn's suckiness to make you a miserable person.

Let's not pretend as if you don't get called out on a regular basis for this either.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
I hope Kenny is at least starting to develop a game plan for trades.

You can get a lot done during the season when contenders are desperate.

I hope so too. Best way to alleviate the 6 man rotation issue.

So with Ozzie saying that the 6 man rotation will be done in a week, anyone think Danks is going to get pulled from the rotation? I say he's the leading candidate right now. That would be a disgrace, and trading him to Yankees is such a better idea.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
So with Ozzie saying that the 6 man rotation will be done in a week, anyone think Danks is going to get pulled from the rotation? I say he's the leading candidate right now. That would be a disgrace, and trading him to Yankees is such a better idea.

I don't think it would be Danks. I think it would be Edwin.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
No, because I don't think you've ever said a positive thing in your life. You allow Adam Dunn's suckiness to make you a miserable person.

Let's not pretend as if you don't get called out on a regular basis for this either.

Well you got one thing right, when this team is horrible they make me miserable.

QUOTE (Real @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Well you got one thing right, when this team is horrible they make me miserable.

No one should allow a baseball team to affect their life like that. I am as a big a fan as anyone, but once you start allowing a bunch of men that don't know you to dictate your happiness, there is a problem.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)

Time to deal IMO. It is my 6666 number of the beast post!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Time to deal IMO.

I think we should hold onto him until he can 1) get back on track; 2) we see more out of Peavy and Humber; and 3) we can extract maximum value based on timing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
I think we should hold onto him until he can 1) get back on track; 2) we see more out of Peavy and Humber; and 3) we can extract maximum value based on timing.

They got Freddie Garcia in early June so KW will make early June deals, I can see it both ways.

Does anyone remember what the 1996 White Sox did? No? Well, they started the season 40-21, and then went 45-56 the rest of the way. I'm hoping that's what going on with the Indians.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
They got Freddie Garcia in early June so KW will make early June deals, I can see it both ways.

Yeah, you can sometimes get more if you trade him earlier rather than later...and it isn't like the Yankees or Red Sox are not going to be buyers at the deadline this year, so that takes some of the importance of waiting out of the equation, but the longer it becomes apparent that they need pitching the higher the value we should be able to extract.

Did Ozzie & Co. get fired yet?

No point bringing up new guys if they'll just learn (and by that, I mean "not learn") how to be on a big payroll team, fail to bunt (which is usually not necessary anyway), steal (because you're young, not because you're good at it), NOT hit in hit-and-run situations, or have them called and bad times, etc.

Nobody has ever really come through our farm as a non-pitcher and understood baseball since... what??

Crede, maybe..... I can't really remember a true FARM prospect that was worth a s*** in the last 6 or y7 years.

Good news is we've found a new heir to take the place of the brain-fart/can't-win crown that Oakland has always worn: The Texas f***ing Rangers!

Yeah.

Way to suck, fellas.

The Tribe are a good club, we're going to have to accept that fact. Sucks we just went on a real good run and have cut their lead by 1 fn game. However the Cubs were 22-31 in 2007 and 9 out in early June and still managed to win the division, that being said Milwaukee pissed that division away like no other but that's a whole different story. That being said, there's still time but the Sox have got to keep on winning the majorirty of series. .500 or less won't cut it now.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Did Ozzie & Co. get fired yet?

No point bringing up new guys if they'll just learn (and by that, I mean "not learn") how to be on a big payroll team, fail to bunt (which is usually not necessary anyway), steal (because you're young, not because you're good at it), NOT hit in hit-and-run situations, or have them called and bad times, etc.

Nobody has ever really come through our farm as a non-pitcher and understood baseball since... what??

Crede, maybe..... I can't really remember a true FARM prospect that was worth a s*** in the last 6 or y7 years.

Good news is we've found a new heir to take the place of the brain-fart/can't-win crown that Oakland has always worn: The Texas f***ing Rangers!

Yeah.

Way to suck, fellas.

I saw Mitchell in class A hitting under.200 and his strikeouts were really high.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
No one should allow a baseball team to affect their life like that. I am as a big a fan as anyone, but once you start allowing a bunch of men that don't know you to dictate your happiness, there is a problem.

what about a basketball team?!?

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
If your favorite sports teams don't affect your outlook on life then you have no soul.

Hah, I am not saying it shouldn't affect your outlook...I am certainly in an overall better mood when my favorite teams are playing well.

But I learned the hard way that when you start allowing it to dictate whether you are happy or not, well you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of misery in my opinion...

Tomorrow's going to be stormy down here. It isn't very usual for the forecasters to basically say we WILL have tornadoes, etc. in this area, but they are all but guaranteeing it around game time tomorrow.

It really is sad when their 2 injured hitters come right back off the DL and start producing right away (Cruz and Hamilton). Dunn came off the DL and has gone completely south. I know it is apples and oranges but man how bad can Dunn get?