Sox at Texas series finale May 25 Game Thread

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
All the usual conspirators this season.

Beckham with the fielding error, Dunn and Pierre again, Alexei being impatient and swinging at the first pitch, Rios and AJ giving us absolutely nothing.

This season's starting to feel like 2009 all over again.

The White Sox will probably get back into the race, not enough to blow things up and not close enough to make a real run or add, either.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Caufield I love your posts. But I can't believe some people think they are going to back into the race.

This team doesn't have it.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
The intelligence of our team represents that of our manager quite well. Smart play and managing=a win today.

I am not 100% willing to chalk this up on Ozzie, but it's close. Let's just face it that Ozzie's decision making is amongst the worst in baseball. It even was in 2005, we just played over it, whether you want to believe it or not.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
No, Rios popped the ball up but Kinsler dropped it. Vizquel had gone back to 1b expecting the ball to be caught and was forced out at 2b, so we had Quentin at 3b and Rios at 1b with 2 outs.

And of course if that had happened with 2 outs Rios would have been at least not the goat because the score would be 2-2...not that it was a great swing, Kinsler played it into a near-error.

I am not 100% willing to chalk this up on Ozzie, but it's close. Let's just face it that Ozzie's decision making is amongst the worst in baseball. It even was in 2005, we just played over it, whether you want to believe it or not.

Wow. Someone f***ing gets it. Halleluiah.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)

Yeah, a lot of White Sox managers have led teams to pennants over the centuries.

Ozzie should be gone now, but in 05 give him his due!!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)

They played over it 99 times. Not buying it YET

QUOTE (bulokis @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Time to go young! F*** this team.

According to many on this site, nobody will take Rios, Dunn, AJ, Peavy, Mark off our hands so we can't go young.

Edited by greg775

They still have to play at TOR and BOSTON.

2-5 is not going to do it. Hopefully they can win at least 3.

Cleveland's back end of their rotation (Talbot got absolutely hammered today), injuries and the schedule turning against them will bring the Sox back into this, whether we like it or not...with Sox baseball this decade, it's pretty inevitable we get teased at some point (like this recent 12-5 stretch)...enough to not quite give up yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
You can move Mark, the rest? Good luck.

You can probably get people to take a couple of those contracts (AJ, Dunn), especially if Dunn ever resumes hitting like Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
They played over it 99 times. Not buying it YET

Let me say that I have always liked Ozzie as a "clubhouse guy" and also after having Manuel, Lemope, etc as managers that I liked the fact that he is the BOSS. However, his decision making sucks...always has and always will, unless he can get a Bobby Cox on the bench to make decisions for him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Yup. WTF was AJ swinging at. You cant just guess swing and go with it. Especially with a 2-1 count.

Against a guy that throws as hard as Feliz, don't you sorta have to guess a little?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Yup. WTF was AJ swinging at. You cant just guess swing and go with it. Especially with a 2-1 count.

we have ZERO clutch hitting this season. No one. Until that changes, we'll squander good pitching against good teams.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
According to many on this site, nobody will take Rios, Dunn, AJ, Peavy, Mark off our hands so we can't go young.

Buehrle, Danks and Jackson can all easily be traded.

Peavy, contending teams will wait on, but there will be some bites around the trade deadline if he keeps pitching in the mid 90's and no DL stint.

Quentin and Ramirez would of course be easy to trade, but that would be incredibly counter-productive unless you're hitting your mark on every move.

Dunn and Rios, no way either is going anywhere this yet. AJ, we're stuck with him forever too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
You can probably get people to take a couple of those contracts (AJ, Dunn), especially if Dunn ever resumes hitting like Adam Dunn.

We'd have to pay a lot to get rid of AJP, and I just can't see KW and Ozzie giving Flowers the keys to the car yet (if ever). Danks is the one who needs to get traded, but only if his value is close to what it would have been coming into the year.