FREE VICIEDO

There's really no reason to not play Viciedo every day.

I guess Pierre is the odd man out, but I actually think Rios is as worthless as Pierre if worthless is the right word. Probably too strong a word.

Lousy might be better.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
There's really no reason to not play Viciedo every day.

I guess Pierre is the odd man out, but I actually think Rios is as worthless as Pierre if worthless is the right word. Probably too strong a word.

Lousy might be better.

So no reason, other than Viciedo raking in AAA, and 2 of our OF'ers sucking? Huh?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
So no reason, other than Viciedo raking in AAA, and 2 of our OF'ers sucking? Huh?

No I mean no reason to not play him every day in the major leagues. I'm with you. I worded it wrong I guess.

If you play Viciedo who is going to run into outs at an alarming rate or give the 2nd baseman a workout with all of the 4-3 groundouts. How can you play NL style low scoring, grind it out, bunts everywhere, kick yourself in the nuts baseball without Owens Pierre. grindy

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
If you play Viciedo who is going to run into outs at an alarming rate or give the 2nd baseman a workout with all of the 4-3 groundouts. How can you play NL style low scoring, grind it out, bunts everywhere, kick yourself in the nuts baseball without Pods Erstad Owens Pierre. grindy

Wait guys, we're just wasting our time here with this. After all, when he finally gets here, Ozzie will put him in the doghouse for being THE NEXT HYPED SOX PROSPECT, play him one game in which he'll miss a bunt assignment, and never see the light of day for the next 6 days afterwards.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
So wait, power hitters who strike out a lot and don't walk are needed on this team?

Ha! This kid is adapting quickly, and is our most legit prospect in awhile. His major stats and all his peripherals are heading in the right direction, FAST. He's slimmed down considerably, and seems to understand the professionalism needed to make it as a big leaguer. My only caveat would be the legitamacy of his age, which is huge if untrue, but who really knows? The replacement of Pierre or Rios with what this kid could bring on everyday basis could be a significant boost to the team.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
So wait, power hitters who strike out a lot and don't walk are needed on this team?

He's never struck out a lot and he's starting to walk.

So yes, contact power hitters with good eyes and developing patience are needed.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Ha! This kid is adapting quickly, and is our most legit prospect in awhile. His major stats and all his peripherals are heading in the right direction, FAST. He's slimmed down considerably, and seems to understand the professionalism needed to make it as a big leaguer. My only caveat would be the legitamacy of his age, which is huge if untrue, but who really knows? The replacement of Pierre or Rios with what this kid could bring on everyday basis could be a significant boost to the team.

RIos is our only legitimate centerfielder albeit his hitting is slightly disappointing.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)

Are you f***ing serious? Viciedo has 3 less walks than Pierre, but his OBP is .041 higher, so who really gives a f***. As for the strikeouts, Viciedo's SLG is .242 higher, so again who gives a f***.

So Viciedo hits more, walks about the same, and slugs significantly higher than Pierre. Despite being a slow "power" hitter, he's hit into less DPs than Pierre. He also doesn't waste outs trying to steal bases, when he can clearly not do so at an effective rate. What's Piere now, 7 of 15?

Plain and simple, this team needs less poor offensive players and more good hitters. Pierre is a terrible offensive player who brings nothing to the table whatsoever, while Viciedo is a very dangerous hitter who can hit for average and power. The decision should be easy. Next time you throw crap about one of our prospects, make sure you do the research first.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 26, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Are you f***ing serious? Viciedo has 3 less walks than Pierre, but his OBP is .041 higher, so who really gives a f***. As for the strikeouts, Viciedo's SLG is .242 higher, so again who gives a f***.

So Viciedo hits more, walks about the same, and slugs significantly higher than Pierre. Despite being a slow "power" hitter, he's hit into less DPs than Pierre. He also doesn't waste outs trying to steal bases, when he can clearly not do so at an effective rate. What's Piere now, 7 of 15?

Plain and simple, this team needs less poor offensive players and more good hitters. Pierre is a terrible offensive player who brings nothing to the table whatsoever, while Viciedo is a very dangerous hitter who can hit for average and power. The decision should be easy. Next time you throw crap about one of our prospects, make sure you do the research first.

:notworthy

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
RIos is our only legitimate centerfielder albeit his hitting is slightly disappointing.

Oh, I am aware of this and wouldn't suggest benching Rios.