Ryan Ludwick

GREEDY

-Ludwick is struggling offensively

-Ludwick plays for the Padres who are 20-30

-Ludwick is a good defensive outfielder, and very good when compared to only power hitting outfielders

-Ludwick makes 6 million bucks this year and is unrestricted in 2012, so as time passes, if he continues to struggle I can't imagine he would cost the acquiring team much more than whatever money is still due to him

-Ludwick had only one really good year and two decent seasons

-Ludwick plays half of his games in Petco, so a move to a hitter friendly park may just be the spark he needs

-Ludwick has never been a huge OBP guy, so and despite the fact that this is a negative attribute, posters here seem to prefer guys who "go down swingin" to the Swisher/Dunn high OBP types that "just stood there and watched strike three"

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
We don't need another guy who needs to fix himself offensively. About 8/9th of our starting lineup on any given night already has that problem.

The fix is a move to Us Cellular. He is fine away from Petco.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Why?

So no one can see a post discussing acquiring a player that would fit this team nicely?

when tradewinds opens up, you can wax poetic about players that the Sox will not acquire in there. This is just idle speculation by you about a player that has no rumor or possible trade connection to the Sox. This is where it belongs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
when tradewinds opens up, you can wax poetic about players that the Sox will not acquire in there. This is just idle speculation by you about a player that has no rumor or possible trade connection to the Sox. This is where it belongs

Sorry, I thought Pale Hose Talk was open for "Also get the latest news, speculation, and all of the info you can use on the Chicago White Sox".

Next time I will take my actual baseball talk elsewhere, and keep my "The Ghost of....", "f*** this mother....", "WCIU games are now available in space", and "Groundskeeper talk" posts for this site.

Edited by GREEDY

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Sorry, I thought Pale Hose Talk was open for "Also get the latest news, speculation, and all of the info you can use on the Chicago White Sox".

Next time I will take my actual baseball talk elsewhere, and keep my "The Ghost of....", "f*** this mother....", "WCIU games are now available in space", and "Groundskeeper talk" posts for this site.

That's speculation as in actual speculation, like from baseball writers saying that there have been talks between the two teams. If it were speculation in the sense that you mean, the entire board would be filled with thousands of threads suggesting that the Sox acquire thousands of various players.

And in reference to your idea that a move to U.S. Cellular would be an answer to his woes, we've thought that about several players. It just doesn't seem to work that way. In fact, most players come here and are somehow worse. They might hit for more power, but their other stats usually suffer.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)

Im sorry, I missed in your original post where you made any speculation, talked about latest news, or brought in any info on the Chicago White Sox.

oh wait, you didnt. Please unbunch your panties and continue your Ludwick discussion here.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
And in reference to your idea that a move to U.S. Cellular would be an answer to his woes, we've thought that about several players. It just doesn't seem to work that way. In fact, most players come here and are somehow worse. They might hit for more power, but their other stats usually suffer.

This board just seems to think Viciedo is the answer in LF, and I have always felt (even last year when he somehow managed to play good defense) that Pierre was a horrible fit for THIS team.

While the book is still out on how Dayan can defend in the outfield, I am pretty confident that at best it will be an adventure. And poor defense drives me bananas.

I remember being surprised how much the defensive metrics liked Ludwick last off-season, so I went and checked up on him... and POOF he is off to another great defensive season. He is hitting .280 out of Petco and won't cost the Sox much in return. I can't imagine a better "attainable" fit for this current lineup.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Im sorry, I missed in your original post where you made any speculation, talked about latest news, or brought in any info on the Chicago White Sox.

oh wait, you didnt. Please unbunch your panties and continue your Ludwick discussion here.

Sorry that I didn't throw out a hypothetical trade including the only two minor league players I have heard of (like most would do here): "Do you guys think that a package including Jordan Danks and Chase Blackwood net us Ludwick"???? LOL

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 26, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Sorry that I didn't throw out a hypothetical trade including the only two minor league players I have heard of (like most would do here): "Do you guys think that a package including Jordan Danks and Chase Blackwood net us Ludwick"???? LOL

You don't get it, bro. Had a respected baseball writer written of possible discussions (hell, even a blurb on Rotoworld would work), then it becomes PHT. If everyone just starts posting good players on bad teams who they think would look good in a Sox jersey, PHT would become completely useless. It's for news and b****ing about the White Sox!