5/26 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 26, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Ugh, how do you take that pitch

He looks utterly lost up there at the plate. We'd been 10x better off just DH'ing Viciedo this year and not spending the 14M per. Unreal who would've ever thunk it

On a side note, Greg Walker has been telling the opposing broadcasting teams that Dunn has had some of his best BP sessions of the season in Texas.

Yay!

Glad to see it's really translating against 95 MPH fastballs. One of those swings was half there or a rusty gate at the Haunted Mansion. How do you not just look FB against Morrow? Locked and loaded, not exactly.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 26, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Either Ozzie or Alexei are an idiot for calling that bunt.

On a side note, can the Blue Jays just burn the current jersey's and go back to the early 90's World Series winning jerseys?

I was seriously just thinking about that.

If Ozzie called for a bunt with the 2nd batter of the game, then he needs to just leave. If it's Alexei who keeps trying to bunt, then shame on Ozzie for not telling him to stop that s***. I've never heard Farmer and DJ bag on a Sox player that much. They both agreed Alexei sucks at it, and it's just a waste of an at bat now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 26, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
It doesn't even matter if Alexei is terrible at bunting. In no shape or form do you bunt there.

Of course not, but we're talking about Ozzie here. There in no logic to half of the things he does. It's almost like he's bored in the dugout and wants see how much he can directly affect. Unfortunately for us, a manager can do much more bad than good in baseball. His decisions are killing us a daily basis.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
He looks utterly lost up there at the plate. We'd been 10x better off just DH'ing Viciedo this year and not spending the 14M per. Unreal who would've ever thunk it

The teams that passed on him this offseason cause of his awful end to last season?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
If Ozzie called for a bunt with the 2nd batter of the game, then he needs to just leave. If it's Alexei who keeps trying to bunt, then shame on Ozzie for not telling him to stop that s***. I've never heard Farmer and DJ bag on a Sox player that much. They both agreed Alexei sucks at it, and it's just a waste of an at bat now.

If it was Alexei's call, then Ozzie should be lighting him up in the dugout right about now.

Sadly, I don't think it was Alexei though.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

It certainly looked to me that was Alexei's idea, definitely didn't look like a sacrifice

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
How did Baylor lose any games when they had Aardsma, SS Paul Janish, Humber, Jeff Niemann and the other pitcher who went 8th in the 1st round?

Wow...

You mean Rice? I might be wrong.