5/26 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:24 AM)
Ahh, right at him....have to capitalize on those threats, dadgummit.

Happy we got one with 2 outs, but seems like we struggle breaking open games and letting opponent stay close. I thought Hawk made a great observation about how dangerous the 6 man rotation can be with regards to killing your top performers in the bullpen.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 26, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
He'll get going a little better on the basepaths, and he will remember how to catch the ball.

As much as people want to b**** about Juan, he's not really going to be the problem with this team...

It's going to come down to whether Dunn/Rios/Quentin hit like they are capable of hitting.

You sound like Ranger. JP sucks. He might spit out some weak singles and get his average up. But he's not good.

Is it time to really start believing in Phil Humber yet?

For as much as people are upset about losing Hudson, have we found his replacement basically in Humber? A middle of the rotation starter making practically nothing for the next few years?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
Is it time to really start believing in Phil Humber yet?

For as much as people are upset about losing Hudson, have we found his replacement basically in Humber? A middle of the rotation starter making practically nothing for the next few years?

Do we have option years on him, or is he on a one year deal?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
You sound like Ranger. JP sucks. He might spit out some weak singles and get his average up. But he's not good.

I was thinking that as I posted that :)

He's still going to be a .280-.290 hitter at the top of the lineup. You could do far worse. Financially and organizationally speaking though, he's not going to hurt us nearly as much as having Dunn/Rios struggle.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 26, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
I was thinking that as I posted that :)

He's still going to be a .280-.290 hitter at the top of the lineup. You could do far worse. Financially and organizationally speaking though, he's not going to hurt us nearly as much as having Dunn/Rios struggle.

as much as I have been bashing Pierre......if he continues to get on base in any way and cause havoc, fine. That's his job and he should be doing that extremely well.