Why not? The official "Alex Rios Sucks" Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
That's the obvious reason, yes. It's the first one that any of us has ever seen. So, maybe it's like the first girlfriend/the first girl you nailed. You waited so long and someone finally came around and brought you to the promised land. You're so grateful and you'd do anything for her. Now it's years later and things are obviously not working out. You've both let yourselves go, and neither of you is even trying anymore. You are still nostalgic for the way things were, but it obviously isn't going to happen anymore. And even though you want to keep things going, you know the best thing to do is to move on.

About right?

yes

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Well, I picture myself more as the friend who is trying to convince his buddy that he needs to break it off.

Yeah, same here, but I'm still hanging out with my boy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Yes Rios sucks.

He's so bad. Please trade him.

See, these kinds of posts seem to lack understanding of the White Sox's situation. Don't you think if Rios were tradeable, he'd have been traded instead of outright waived and allowed to come to the White Sox? He is untradeable at this point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
NO ONE WANTS THE SALARY OF THOSE PLAYERS.

Exactly. This team is f***ed. Hence why we need to perhaps hold accountable the person(s) responsible for the f***ing of this team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
Exactly. This team is f***ed. Hence why we need to perhaps hold accountable the person(s) responsible for the f***ing of this team.

But patience is required. If you supported the signing of Adam Dunn, and the resigning of PK, you implicitly signed up for at the very least, one to two full more years of this core. This is what frustrates me to no end about the posters saying "blow it up," "fire everyone," etc. You don't signAdam Dunn and Paul Konerko and then decide to rebuild when things aren't going peachy after 50 games. That option evaporated when you took this latest course of action and re-upped on this core. It makes no sense whatsoever, given the makeup of this roster and the payroll of this roster, to blow everything to smithereens after 50 games. It cannot be done effectively.

Supporting the signing of Dunn and Konerko meant supporting more years of this group we have, and we're going to have to lie in that bed.

Edit: Recall I supported neither of those signings, ironically.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
But patience is required. If you supported the signing of Adam Dunn, and the resigning of PK, you implicitly signed up for at the very least, one to two full more years of this core. This is what frustrates me to no end about the posters saying "blow it up," "fire everyone," etc. You don't signAdam Dunn and Paul Konerko and then decide to rebuild when things aren't going peachy after 50 games. That option evaporated when you took this latest course of action and re-upped on this core. It makes no sense whatsoever, given the makeup of this roster and the payroll of this roster, to blow everything to smithereens after 50 games. It cannot be done effectively.

Supporting the signing of Dunn and Konerko meant supporting more years of this group we have, and we're going to have to lie in that bed.

Yes, because clearly when moron fans agree with gunslinger Kenny, that means it's all their fault and no one should ever be held accountable. Clearly, we're all idiots. "SWISHER GON' DOMINATE IN THE CELL!!! MANNYPALOOZA!! (my bad) WOOT GRIFFEYTALK!!! TCQ MVP!!! WOOHOO!!"

You know, that stuff. Soxtalk agreed with "All-In"... well, that's f***ing great. Guess what happens when you go "All-In" and wind up with a losing hand?

Oh yeah, your game ends and someone takes your seat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Yes, because clearly when moron fans agree with gunslinger Kenny, that means it's all their fault and no one should ever be held accountable. Clearly, we're all idiots. "SWISHER GON' DOMINATE IN THE CELL!!! MANNYPALOOZA!! (my bad) WOOT GRIFFEYTALK!!! TCQ MVP!!! WOOHOO!!"

You know, that stuff. Soxtalk agreed with "All-In"... well, that's f***ing great. Guess what happens when you go "All-In" and wind up with a losing hand?

Oh yeah, your game ends and someone takes your seat.

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault.

All I'm saying is that a lot of people agreed to buy the $75k Range Rover here. Now that it's turned out to have reliability issues, everyone wants to trade it in for $20k less than we owe. Well guess what, if you want to do that, you'd better be prepared to walk to work for a few years...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
I'm not saying it's anyone's fault.

All I'm saying is that a lot of people agreed to buy the $75k Range Rover here. Now that it's turned out to have reliability issues, everyone wants to trade it in for $20k less than we owe. Well guess what, if you want to do that, you'd better be prepared to walk to work for a few years...

I don't want to blow the team up. You clearly are inferring what you aren't reading. I want someone f***ing fired to show that people will be held accountable in this franchise. We have a fully capable, highly regarded Assistant GM who can take the reigns.

And hell, maybe fire the manager and the hitting coach of a roster that perennially underperforms. That doesn't mean trade every player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't want to blow the team up. You clearly are inferring what you aren't reading. I want someone f***ing fired to show that people will be held accountable in this franchise. We have a fully capable, highly regarded Assistant GM who can take the reigns.

And hell, maybe fire the manager and the hitting coach of a roster that perennially underperforms. That doesn't mean trade every player.

I'm more venting towards the general feeling around here than you specifically.

I'd be fine with losing Ozzie at this point.

I would hope that highly capable Asst GM is contributing to the decisions of the current regime rather than doing absolutely nothing because he's second fiddle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)

Now that I look at it, this is my thinking as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)

I would hope that highly capable Asst GM is contributing to the decisions of the current regime rather than doing absolutely nothing because he's second fiddle.

The irony being he probably negotiated those Dunn and Konerko deals, as he job has always been said to center on contract negotiations specifically.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
The irony being he probably negotiated those Dunn and Konerko deals, as he job has always been said to center on contract negotiations specifically.

Yeah, after being told to "get it done", "all in", "sling gun", he got it done.

Dear Lord, what has it come to that I want Kenny Williams fired? sad face

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Yeah, after being told to "get it done", "all in", "sling gun", he got it done.

Dear Lord, what has it come to that I want Kenny Williams fired? sad face

But don't you think they consider his opinion as to which players to sign/acquire?

They listen to Ozzie for pete's sakes...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
But don't you think they consider his opinion as to which players to sign/acquire?

Sure, he's no puppet, but I'm certain he'd run things differently than Kenny. Kenny is his own breed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)

And honestly if Hahn is more of the "stats" guy, that only made it more likely he would have been going after Dunn as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)

I'm ready for any change whatsoever. My birthday is coming in two days. I would love to have somebody fired as a gift from the organization.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
And honestly if Hahn is more of the "stats" guy, that only made it more likely he would have been going after Dunn as well.

I'm not pissed about the Dunn signing, I'd be crazy to be... he's going to get his. His was a can't miss deal that has missed so far, but he'll pay off...

Rios is Kenny's "your fired" move. Manny was just bonus.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
I'm not pissed about the Dunn signing, I'd be crazy to be... he's going to get his. His was a can't miss deal that has missed so far, but he'll pay off...

Rios

Manny

Edwin/Hudson

Swisher

Kotsay as DH

Kenny's on quite a streak.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)

Rios was probably worth his salary last year. We're actually not much behind in terms of performance/pay right now with him. It's not looking particularly great this year, but that can still change.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Rios was probably worth his salary last year. We're actually not much behind in terms of performance/pay right now with him. It's not looking particularly great this year, but that can still change.

After Rios' second half last season, I really wanted the Sox to ride the value he built back up and trade him for a crap prospect, and maybe move some other pieces to find a replacement. That contract was bad last year, and is still bad now, getting out from under it would have been amazing.