NBC picks actress to play Jessica Lynch

Mr. Showtime

So, do we get to see American Special Forces taking absolutely no enemy fire, kicking down doors in hospitals, and the Pentagon lieing about the whole thing? Kind of fruity. Also, I almost gagged when she received the Bronze f***ing Star. My Grandfather got the Bronze Star in WW2, because he killed a bunch of Japanese in the Phillippines. She gets it, because she got in a traffic accident and beaten on by Iraqis? What a joke.

So, do we get to see American Special Forces taking absolutely no enemy fire, kicking down doors in hospitals, and the Pentagon lieing about the whole thing? Kind of fruity. Also, I almost gagged when she received the Bronze f***ing Star. My Grandfather got the Bronze Star in WW2, because he killed a bunch of Japanese in the Phillippines. She gets it, because she got in a traffic accident and beaten on by Iraqis? What a joke.

I know. This whole deal is ri-f***ing-diculous. Are they going to show the Iraqis trying to return her to US Troops and being fired upon?

I agree too. My respect and condolences go out to Lynch but she didnt do anything. Bronze stars, Silver stars and Medals od Honor are for heros, people who charge machine guns nest with a freakin pistol, sailors who climbed to the top decks of their ships at Pearl Harbor and blew some Japs outta the sky. Purple heart is what Lynch shoulda gotten...

I agree too. My respect and condolences go out to Lynch but she didnt do anything. Bronze stars, Silver stars and Medals od Honor are for heros, people who charge machine guns nest with a freakin pistol, sailors who climbed to the top decks of their ships at Pearl Harbor and blew some Japs outta the sky. Purple heart is what Lynch shoulda gotten...

Canadian actress Laura Regan, who starred in last year's horror flick "They," has been tapped to play U.S. Army Pvt. Jessica Lynch in the NBC TV movie "Saving Jessica Lynch."

First, they call it "Saving Private Lynch" when the IRAQIS TRIED TO f***ING RETURN HER AND DIDN'T PUT UP AN OPPOSITION. Hell, they saved her from getting killed by US forces when they f***ing shot up her ambulance. I also find it comical that the woman isn't even an American playing her. :lol:

Many parts of the initial report have since been discredited, but despite the uncertainty regarding what actually happened to Lynch -- who is now said to have been unconscious at the time of the capture and to remember very little about the ordeal -- NBC stuck with its plan for the movie.

I guess the truth doesn't matter to NBC. They just want to perpetuate the lie. But then again GE who owns NBC sells smart bomb tech to the US Army so this doesn't surprise me. And I wonder if her "remembering little about the ordeal" is just to keep her off the cameras so she doesn't screw up the Karl Rove spin masterpiece that she's an actual hero and was rescued by the US Army.

First, they call it "Saving Private Lynch" when the IRAQIS TRIED TO f***ING RETURN HER AND DIDN'T PUT UP AN OPPOSITION. Hell, they saved her from getting killed by US forces when they f***ing shot up her ambulance. I also find it comical that the woman isn't even an American playing her. :lol:

Many parts of the initial report have since been discredited, but despite the uncertainty regarding what actually happened to Lynch -- who is now said to have been unconscious at the time of the capture and to remember very little about the ordeal -- NBC stuck with its plan for the movie.

I guess the truth doesn't matter to NBC. They just want to perpetuate the lie. But then again GE who owns NBC sells smart bomb tech to the US Army so this doesn't surprise me. And I wonder if her "remembering little about the ordeal" is just to keep her off the cameras so she doesn't screw up the Karl Rove spin masterpiece that she's an actual hero and was rescued by the US Army.

Question. Why are you always whining about something?

Question. Why are you always whining about something?

He's not whining, he's simply stating the truth.

Question.  Why are you always whining about something?

FACT: Lynch wasn't rescued. The group encountered no resistance.

FACT: The Iraqis tried to return her.

FACT: A Canadian is playing an American "hero".

FACT: US forces shot her ambulance and nearly killed her.

FACT: NBC doesn't care about what really happened and is still going to produce the movie based on the now defunct myth surrounding her.

FACT: GE does smart bomb building for the US military and owns NBC.

FACT: The Lynch story was a Karl Rove spin masterpiece because he's buried the proof so damn well.

So please BMR tell me where I'm whining. Or are you just trying to start another fight with me?

FACT: Lynch wasn't rescued.  The group encountered no resistance.

FACT: The Iraqis tried to return her.

FACT: A Canadian is playing an American "hero".

FACT: US forces shot her ambulance and nearly killed her.

FACT: NBC doesn't care about what really happened and is still going to produce the movie based on the now defunct myth surrounding her.

FACT: GE does smart bomb building for the US military and owns NBC.

FACT: The Lynch story was a Karl Rove spin masterpiece because he's buried the proof so damn well.

So please BMR tell me where I'm whining.  Or are you just trying to start another fight with me?

Not picking. Im seriously interested. Listen, the fact is, there is A LOT wrong in the world. We all agree with that. My question remains, why do you throw yourself into all the worlds problems? All its going to do is cause you sadness and unhappiness. Personally, I dont even watch the news. Its too depressing. If your crusade is to help the world, do yourself a favor, and pick one thing, be good at it. and make a diffference. I honestly dont think you are doing yourself a favor by looking for all the inequities and injustice in the world. Its never ending. Believe it or not, id love to see you happy. It just doesnt appear that is the case. Much of the time, we cause our own unhappiness. I apologize if im wrong.

God, "THEY was horrible..... :puke

Oh, and this whole tv movie thing is retarded...if this were a guy would there be a tv movie???

You got soilders getting killed everyday in Iraq and nobody doesn't know s*** about them and proabbaly don't give a s***...especially these news channels...

It's just really, really sad...and it makes me angry... :fyou

You got soilders getting killed everyday in Iraq and nobody doesn't know s*** about them and proabbaly don't give a s***...especially these news channels...

I agree.

Even if everything happened EXACTLY how the govt told us it did, why do we need a movie about it? Isn't this a pretty recent event? Something we wouldn't exactly need a movie on to retell the story.

I agree.

Even if everything happened EXACTLY how the govt told us it did, why do we need a movie about it? Isn't this a pretty recent event? Something we wouldn't exactly need a movie on to retell the story.

The whole thing is a joke...And don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's home safe and alive..

But doing this is disrespecting all the other troops still in Iraq, alot of them getting killed and these guys will and are forgotten already...She's being touted as a super hero, She-Rambo and s***..

Gimme a break

You got some troops like Nuke coming home and is he gonna get a parade for fighting for our country?

What a f***in Joke..

I agree.

The whole thing is a joke...And don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's home safe and alive..

But doing this is disrespecting all the other troops still in Iraq, alot of them getting killed and these guys will and are forgotten already...She's being touted as a super hero, She-Rambo and s***..

Gimme a break

You got some troops like Nuke coming home and is he gonna get a parade for fighting for our country?

What a f***in Joke..

Agreed 100%

I also find it comical that the woman isn't even an American playing her.  :lol:

I wonder if there is going to be a bunch of Mongolians cast as her unrelenting Iraqi captors. But seriously, do we truely not not enough interesting hero stories in this world, that we need 3 hours on this?

This makes me sick.

NBC has found its Jessica Lynch

This whole Jessica Lynch thing makes me nauseous. She got caught in an ambush, captured and hurt pretty bad and for that I feel for her, but that's where it ends. She did not "empty her m16 into the Iraqi hordes" or do anything else that can be defined as heroic. The press got a hold of this one and blew it way out of proportion. They are giving her a bronze star for valor too ACK!!

If anyone wants to make a movie about anyone they need to make one about a guy named Sergeant First Class Marshall from the 11th engineer Battalion. This stud killed over 50 Iraqis with his crew served weapon before being fatally wounded. He was credited with single handedly holding off a large dismounted Iraqi attack until reinforcements could arrive. I understand that he will be put in for the medal of honor soon, but certainly, as usual, the real heros are only known by a precious few.

This makes me sick.

This whole Jessica Lynch thing makes me nauseous. She got caught in an ambush, captured and hurt pretty bad and for that I feel for her, but that's where it ends. She did not "empty her m16 into the Iraqi hordes" or do anything else that can be defined as heroic. The press got a hold of this one and blew it way out of proportion. They are giving her a bronze star for valor too ACK!!

If anyone wants to make a movie about anyone they need to make one about a guy named Sergeant First Class Marshall from the 11th engineer Battalion. This stud killed over 50 Iraqis with his crew served weapon before being fatally wounded. He was credited with single handedly holding off a large dismounted Iraqi attack until reinforcements could arrive. I understand that he will be put in for the medal of honor soon, but certainly, as usual, the real heros are only known by a precious few.

...too bad he wasn't a 19-year-old small town girl....

UGH....

This makes me sick.

That's badass, he sounded like a great soldier.