Sox vs BoSox Memorial Day Game Thread 5-30-11

Soxfest

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:32 AM)
How does a 3rd base umpire make a call while looking at home plate?

That's actually a very difficult decision when you consider if there's a check swing, he has to be the one making the call. Just a fluke play. Of course Hawk hasn't realized yet how awkward of a situation it is.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Now, there's an ump getting caught up in the play/crowd. Terrible call at 3rd base. Just terrible.

Guillen and his NL bulls*** goes from 2 men on 0 outs and a 2-0 count to a failed bunt and a strike them out throw them out double play.

So guillens bulls*** about his comments being taken out of context, he must of forgot that the big camera doesn't have context.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
I'd love to hear your reason for disagreeing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Do you disagree? Ozzie has cost this team probably 5 games off the top of my head.

I'm referring more to the immediate firing hyperbole.

Does anyone have this stat? baseball-reference?

Teams that have scored the least amount of runs per opportunity with runners at 1st and 2nd and no outs, and runners from 3rd with less than 2 outs?

And bases loaded with less than 2 outs?

I would be shocked if we weren't worst in the AL in at least 2 of those 3 categories.

Theoretically, the Mariners or Twins might be worse, but I doubt it. They don't get enough baserunners on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:35 AM)
I've wanted Ozzie gone since last summer.

Thing is, Fenway is a terrible park for Juan to hit with the LF being able to play so shallow. Trying to bunt the runner to third to get Juan up for one out is a very unlikely sac fly situation.

OH that just pisses me off 1st Ozzie does his NL bulls*** ,righty who's figuring it out against a struggling lefty and calls for a bunt. like its the bottom of the ninth and all we need is one run. Then 2 terrible calls by the umps on the same play. Yea I know it's hindsight since Morel couldn't get the bunt down but knowing Pierre is up next its assinine. Play to break the game open . If Peavy holds the Red Sox to 0 runs the rest of the way I'll admit I was wrong but now I'm just fuming.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
OH that just pisses me off 1st Ozzie does his NL bulls*** ,righty who's figuring it out against a struggling lefty and calls for a bunt. like its the bottom of the ninth and all we need is one run. Then 2 terrible calls by the umps on the same play. Yea I know it's hindsight since Morel couldn't get the bunt down but knowing Pierre is up next its assinine. Play to break the game open . If Peavy holds the Red Sox to 0 runs the rest of the way I'll admit I was wrong but now I'm just fuming.

Pierre clearly went on that pitch. Seems like he got distracted by the runners. Great rest of post though

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Guillen and his NL bulls*** goes from 2 men on 0 outs and a 2-0 count to a failed bunt and a strike them out throw them out double play.

So guillens bulls*** about his comments being taken out of context, he must of forgot that the big camera doesn't have context.

Wow didnt see this very similar to mine .