Sox vs BoSox Memorial Day Game Thread 5-30-11

Soxfest

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:50 AM)
Fathom, have you seen what Hosmer and Bruce have been doing? It's so depressing to see all this young talent shining all over the league and we're, well, ya know.

I'm shocked at how well Hosmer is playing. I thought he'd be a slap hitter his first few years, but he's driving the heck out of it. Bruce is just a great player, but it's pathetic to see how Dusty has killed another young starting rotation. That Brewers team is really good right now...might be most exciting team to watch.

Edited by fathom

There's one thing that is clear ot me after watching the past few games...Lillibridge should be a full time starter so we can see if some amazing transition from a scrub to a MLB caliber starter has taken place. The ball jumps off of his bat better than almost anyone on the team, and he does a lot of little things that help you win games. I'm confident in saying he has more power than Rios, as Rios will continue to hook the ball off the end of the bat due to his ridiculous mechanics.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I'm shocked at how well Hosmer is playing. I thought he'd be a slap hitter his first few years, but he's driving the heck out of it. Bruce is just a great player, but it's pathetic to see how Dusty has killed another young starting rotation. That Brewers team is really good right now...might be most exciting team to watch.

I think Hosmer might be a better player than Heyward, honestly.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
There's one thing that is clear ot me after watching the past few games...Lillibridge should be a full time starter so we can see if some amazing transition from a scrub to a MLB caliber starter has taken place. The ball jumps off of his bat better than almost anyone on the team, and he does a lot of little things that help you win games. I'm confident in saying he has more power than Rios, as Rios will continue to hook the ball off the end of the bat due to his ridiculous mechanics.

I agree. I can't believe it. May as well ride him and see what you've got. Outside of PK, Ramirez and to a lesser extent CQ, we're getting nothing from anybody else.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
Fathom, have you seen what Hosmer and Bruce have been doing? It's so depressing to see all this young talent shining all over the league and we're, well, ya know.

Remember the old days when Beckham was going to be a great hitter?

Does anyone think he can be that still? Or did the FO f*** up by bringing him up so soon?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)

You are not lying. Did you see Hawk's guy Gomez get around the bases in like 14 seconds the other day? Holy s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
I agree. I can't believe it. May as well ride him and see what you've got. Outside of PK, Ramirez and to a lesser extent CQ, we're getting nothing from anybody else.

Lillibridge really oughta be the starting Cf with Rios as the 4th OF

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
I would like to know if Adam Dunn is watching AJP anf asking for lessons on how to hit a tough lefty, or any lefty for that matter?

AJ probably isn't the guy to seek hitting advice from.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
Remember the old days when Beckham was going to be a great hitter?

Does anyone think he can be that still? Or did the FO f*** up by bringing him up so soon?

You are not lying. Did you see Hawk's guy Gomez get around the bases in like 14 seconds the other day? Holy s***.

What the? Where the hell have you been? Welcome back.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
Lillibridge really oughta be the starting Cf with Rios as the 4th OF

How the winds of fate turn for folks like Lillibridge. There were a number of folks on this site that wanted him gone before he showed his vesatility and true grit. He is the man with "True Grit." :notworthy :lolhitting

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
How the winds of fate turn for folks like Lillibridge. There were a number of folks on this site that wanted him gone before he showed his vesatility and true grit. He is the man with "True Grit." :notworthy :lolhitting

And? Don't act like you thought he would perform this well. If you really believed that I'd like to hire you to be my bookie.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
I'd rather he play left. As bad as Rios is, there's still upside. There's none with Pierre.

But where does Viciedo play? Quentin's the one guy I hope we don't give up, but if Lillibridge is LF, then Viciedo is left out.