And that's a White Sox winner!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Indians got raped by Toronto. It appears they're coming down. Now is the time to make a push. 8.5 out I believe.

Let's just get to .500 somehow...no one in this division is going anywhere fast.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 30, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
Let's just get to .500 somehow...no one in this division is going anywhere fast.

I've been saying that all month and theyve only crept upwards. They really need these next 2 games with Humber and g! on the mound

Wins like tonight make you wonder why we can't play like this/win more often.

Maybe it's cause Mr. Whiff didn't play. I don't want to be too negative, but Lilly in right, Quentin at DH might be a better option than Dunn for a while.

Peavy is a mental stud. He should take over as team Rah Rah guy. I've been down on him for his brittle body, but nobody has ever denied he's a bulldog personality.

No way Oz could remove him an inning too soon tonight.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I've been saying that all month and theyve only crept upwards. They really need these next 2 games with Humber and g! on the mound

I've been saying it as well. We were making steady progress until this Toronto series. But apparently, we aren't the only ones to get pounded around by Jose Bautista and Co.

Let's get two more here and it'll be a 5-5 road trip. I can live with that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Wins like tonight make you wonder why we can't play like this/win more often.

Maybe it's cause Mr. Whiff didn't play. I don't want to be too negative, but Lilly in right, Quentin at DH might be a better option than Dunn for a while.

Hard to argue with that.

I love what we're starting to see out of the three youngsters, Lilli/Morel/Beckham. Great defense by all three and they are starting to hang out some ropes and show some decent plate discipline.

Things may not be so bad afterall.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:53 AM)
Sox have a ton of games played which means they will benefit from a good amount of off days.

Sox have played an absurd amount of games on the road.

Nice big win with some good pitching and nice hitting.

I know we're all happy and rightfully so, but remember the big lug didn't play tonight.

Oz has to play him and when he plays won't he be buzzkill and an automatic out?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
or he may get hot

I hope. It'd be kind of stupid to bat him higher than seventh against any lefty starter however. Has he got his first hit against a lefty? I'd bat him 7th or 8th vs. all lefties if he has to play everyday.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
I hope. It'd be kind of stupid to bat him higher than seventh against any lefty starter however. Has he got his first hit against a lefty? I'd bat him 7th or 8th vs. all lefties if he has to play everyday.

Yeah, a sweep is a bit aggressive, and we did win the first in Toronto and then lose the next three. But we normally play the Red Sox fairly well in Boston, it seems.

Dunn has got to get hot at some point. It may not be for another several weeks, but it will happen. And we will benefit from his hot bat if we can get ourselves in some kind of contention.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Shack you are calling for a sweep in Boston. That would be awesome, but highly unlikely. It's Fenway.

Im pretty sure we've won 11 of 13 against Boston, not that unlikely..

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
When the Sox were 11-22, I said get back to 43-43 by the end of interleague play on July 3rd.

They need to go 18-12. Doable, and if it happens, they'll be right where they need to be. Indians are going backwards.

Indians are 4-6 in their last 10.

Downward Spiral.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 30, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Indians are 4-6 in their last 10.

Downward Spiral.

Jesus, 4-6 is a good f***ing stretch from the White Sox, and it's the beginning of the end for the Indians.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Jesus, 4-6 is a good f***ing stretch from the White Sox, and it's the beginning of the end for the Indians.

I don't care what their record is. The magic is starting to go away. They're comi g back to reality. Only question is will we be there to challenge them.

I swear that's the first time ALL SEASON I've seen Matt Thornton throwing downhill. That's when it looks like he's just playing catch, that's when a 97mph heater comes out of his hand like nothing, that's when this guy is good. Where in the f*** has that been for the last two months?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 31, 2011 -> 05:20 AM)

That's what I was thinking as well.

We are 11 or 12 out in the loss column, do you guys realize that if the Indians go 4-6 in 10 game stretches how hard it will be for us to catch them? We need to play amazing baseball.

Of course we still play them head to head a number of times.

If we totally ruled our division, we could get back in this thing. How many of you are confident we will rule our head to head division games??? Minnie owns us; you know the drill against the rest of the teams.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)

No, everyone would be declaring the Sox end if they went 4-6 as well. Maybe even if they went 6-4.