Greatest baseball lineup ever

Bighurt52235

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
LF Boyd

2B Kent

1B Barn

C Bret

RF Denny

3B Clif

SS Jed

CF Bobby

P Skip

You had to have Boyd and Kent go back to back. Boyd could drop and bunt and make it to 3rd base with his speed. Then Kent drops a bunt and makes it to second. Then Barn bunts. Then Bret hits a GS guaranteed.

After that it was mostly hit or miss. Denny was good with his "earthquake ball" as long as he didn't hit it in the air. Clif was the same way. I hated Jed but Bobby ran into quite a few.

Haha, nice. Bobby is the sickest hitter of all time. Slow though. .750 avg with 62 jacks.

And Boyd is undoubtedly the fastest man to ever put on a pair of spikes. He can double on a bunt, steal 2nd and 3rd on the same pitch, and any hit to the outfield not directly to a fielder is a Prince Fielder patented inside the parker.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
You had to have Boyd and Kent go back to back. Boyd could drop and bunt and make it to 3rd base with his speed. Then Kent drops a bunt and makes it to second. Then Barn bunts. Then Bret hits a GS guaranteed.

After that it was mostly hit or miss. Denny was good with his "earthquake ball" as long as he didn't hit it in the air. Clif was the same way. I hated Jed but Bobby ran into quite a few.

Wait a minute, I see you changed the order, but not the positions. I also cant believe you have Bobby (in CF of all places) hitting 8th with NO protection behind him.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Wait a minute, I see you changed the order, but not the positions. I also cant believe you have Bobby (in CF of all places) hitting 8th with NO protection behind him.

I never really paid attention to the fielding positions. I never really saw a discernible difference in arm strength, speed or fielding ability in any of the players.

Bobby usually got thrown in at the bottom just because I was always trying to get Clif and Deny on base in front of him so if he did run into one, it wouldn't be a solo shot. All too often he would just hit a weak fly to the outfield though. Sometimes I'd flip him and Jed in the lineup.

Edited by Iwritecode