6/2 Games

flavum

If Shane Lindsay didn't have such horses*** control, I would say he would be a nice addition to the Sox bullpen. But as impressive as his arm is, he will get eaten up with his control at the ML level. Still crazy numbers he has:

26 innings, 7 hits, 27 BBs and 33 Ks

Kinney having a solid year and has been in the majors before, so i think we will see him at some point soon.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Still don't like the pick. As it was pretty clear they could've waited. But that is indeed impressive.

Nor do I. I also don't think most people are aware of how bad a catcher Phegley is.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
Despite having a couple very bad outings in the past week or two, Remenowsky's ERA is still in the 2's. But even better: 27.2 IP, 9 H, 3 BB, 39 K. That's 0.98 BB/9, 12.69 K/9, and 13.00 K:BB. AvgA is .165.

I sure hope he sees Charlotte this year.

Man, those are some nasty peripherals.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
I was unaware. That sucks.

He can throw baserunners out alright, but his career passed ball rate is just terrible. Reports on his catching abilities have never been kind. Probably won't matter if he can hit though, which is a big if.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
He can throw baserunners out alright, but his career passed ball rate is just terrible. Reports on his catching abilities have never been kind. Probably won't matter if he can hit though, which is a big if.

That was the hope when he was drafted. Hitter first, work on defensive game later. (the Lucy experiment might have changed the sox org's minds on that regard)

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
I was unaware. That sucks.

The guy was Kurt Suzuki. Basically the guy everyone was clamoring for when the Sox took Lucy instead. Not known for his defense but he's supposed to call a good game and is a smart guy. His bat graded out quite nicely and the only question was whether a team graded him out as a catcher or a 1B/OF type. Sox graded him as a catcher and as a result he was drafted pretty close to where most experts thought he would go (if a team liked him enough to stick behind the plate).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:06 AM)
Despite having a couple very bad outings in the past week or two, Remenowsky's ERA is still in the 2's. But even better: 27.2 IP, 9 H, 3 BB, 39 K. That's 0.98 BB/9, 12.69 K/9, and 13.00 K:BB. AvgA is .165.

I sure hope he sees Charlotte this year.

I still think of that quote you had from Buddy Bell: "Remenowsky could hit a gnat in the ass on both sides of the plates to go along with some deception..."

I'd like to see that in Chicago!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
I still think of that quote you had from Buddy Bell: "Remenowsky could hit a gnat in the ass on both sides of the plates to go along with some deception..."

I'd like to see that in Chicago!

I love gnat quotes: tighter than a gnat's ass stretched over a rain barrel.