Summer Plans

Texsox

So what's everyone doing this summer? I have almost three weeks of training lined up. Boy Scout Camp Director training in June. Then in August two weeks of training for helping Pre-Ap students. In between five weeks on South Padre Island catching some waves and a couple weeks in Bar Harbor Maine watching whales instead of oil wells. (In Texas whales and wells are pronounced the same).

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
So what's everyone doing this summer? I have almost three weeks of training lined up. Boy Scout Camp Director training in June. Then in August two weeks of training for helping Pre-Ap students. In between five weeks on South Padre Island catching some waves and a couple weeks in Bar Harbor Maine watching whales instead of oil wells. (In Texas whales and wells are pronounced the same).

No s***. That's where I got married. We've been going the last 3 years and it's one of my favorite places to go. If you want/need recommendations, let me know. The food is incredible and Acadia is amazing.

On topic, we are trying to figure out places to see that we haven't been to on the east coast. Might get up to Burlington, and I want to spend a couple days in NYC. I hate NYC but if we move, I doubt I'll ever go back. Probably be in Bar Harbor for our anniversary.

Family trip to Disney, a couple of Sox games, one Cubs game, U2 at Soldier Field, lots of time at the local water park with the kid, and my wife is seeing Journey and maybe Pearl Jam.

I'm sure there will be more, but that's what we have on the schedule right now.

Working 5 days a week. Why would that change for the summer?

Actually, this is the first summer I have a house with a backyard instead of being stuck in a condo, so probably enjoy that and the warm weather. No big trips planned, just the standard Wisconsin lake trips, baseball games and what not.

Interning Mondays and Tuesdays at CSN. Other than that, a whole lot of fishing. Have a vacation to Florida planned for mid-July and also a weekend in Cincinnati to watch the ATP Tennis Tournament. If I can save up enough money, I plan on going on 1 more trip, possibly back to Alaska to see my Godfather.