Yankees trade Benitez to Seattle

Mr. Showtime

Same level, at the very least.  Both big time chokers too.

Yeah i was being slightly sarcastic. I just couldnt believe someone was b****ing cuz we didnt get that chump. We dont need an overpaid set up man.

Benitez has some pretty impressive numbers :o

I have to believe that Nelson is a ufa

next year. After he spoke out of turn when the deadline passed (you wonder if he had spoken to someone the Yanks), you knew that if he was a ufa next yr they would try to deal him.

Benito & cash for Nelson.

Translation: NYY picking up the remainder of their contracts.

The NYY just acquired a career 3.29 ERA with .222 opp BA. 2003: 643 OPS vs (589 vs RH, 729 vs LH).

The M's just acquired a career 3.03 ERA with .188 opp BA. 2003: 648 OPS vs (563 vs RH, 725 vs LH).

By looking at the #'s & Benito's 197 sv's over his career you can't blame the M's. I know Nelson has shown up in the playoffs over the years with the Yanks, but on paper the M's got the better player.

Maybe this deal will come back to bit the Evil Empire in the arse.

did anyone saw this pr move by the yanks>>>>>>>>>>>

Former stock-car driver and current car owner Richard Petty has formed a business partnership with the Yankees, The New York Times reported Aug. 5. One of Petty's drivers, Christian Fittipaldi, will drive a white Dodge with blue pinstripes and the Yankees' logo at the NASCAR Winston Cup race Aug. 10 at Watkins Glen, N.Y. "I'm just a good old Southern boy. But when you're talking about the Yankees, those are people you want to associate with," Petty, 63, told The Times