6.3 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
Marrero is 4/4 with 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB. Now hitting .337.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Promote his ass.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Yeah, but where are you going to play him. Gallagher is having a damn fine season as well for the Knights.

I've been keeping an eye on him for a while now, he's clearly deserving of a promotion to AAA, I say put Gallagher on the bench if need be. He's hitting well but has little power and is nowhere near the prospect Marrero is. Marrero has good pop in his bat and has some speed, he also has played RF and LF in the past. Its time to see if he's got the goods or not.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 12:52 AM)
Gallagher is the Ross Gload type, and he can play the corner outfield spots as well. Marrero is more like Adam Lind with a tad less power, but better contact.

You would know better than I would with Marrero...but Adam Lind seems overly optimistic, at least statistically. Lind is a guy I actually know fairly well from my time with the Jays. Even if it was a flukey year in 2009, it wasn't totally outrageous. I can't ever imagine Marrero being among the best hitters in the game in any given season. He just doesn't strike me as having that kind of offensive upside. On the plus side, he seems considerably more athletic than Lind, who is ideally a DH.

Edited by Pale Sox

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
Yeah, but where are you going to play him. Gallagher is having a damn fine season as well for the Knights.

No offense to Milledge, but I'd just put Marrero at DH and have him and Gallagher rotate some play at 1B (or have Gallagher rotate some at LF with De Aza) Milledge becomes utility OF.

De Aza - LF

Gallagher - 1B/DH

Viciedo - RF

Flowers - C

Danks - CF

Marrero - DH/1B

McPherson - 3B

A. Garcia - 2B

Escobar - SS

And Addison Reed's last few outings have been downright outstanding. As I said before, I can see him quickly moving up the system this season.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 01:11 AM)
You would know better than I would with Marrero...but Adam Lind seems overly optimistic, at least statistically. Lind is a guy I actually know fairly well from my time with the Jays. Even if it was a flukey year in 2009, it wasn't totally outrageous. I can't ever imagine Marrero being among the best hitters in the game in any given season. He just doesn't strike me as having that kind of offensive upside. On the plus side, he seems considerably more athletic than Lind, who is ideally a DH.

It's hard to pinpoint a comparison for Marrero, he is more athletic than Lind. Lind fits also because they both have similar builds, height and weight, and they're both 1B, LF or RF. Not really set at one spot.