Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
So tired of watching Rios crouch down real low like he actually has any chance of making any decent contact.

2 of our highest paid our literally holding us back from being an even better team.

I still don't understand why they let him keep that bulls*** stance. It's obvious he's not getting enough momentum into his swing, as it's all arms.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Well without Crain this game is pretty much over as Sale is going to be left in there and then Marquez or Bruney will finish it off while Verlander sails through the next two

Crain is available tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
Cabrera hasn't looked comfortable today. Think he might have been out last night?

Is there any doubt about that? He must be tickled s***less when he sees a city like Chicago on the schedule.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
Hearing Hawk praise VMart, it makes you wonder just how hard we went after him? Would have been nice to have him instead of Dunn if Dunn's going to start to resemble a pitcher at the plate.

Hawk always liked V-Mart from day 1 with the tribe.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Hearing Hawk praise VMart, it makes you wonder just how hard we went after him? Would have been nice to have him instead of Dunn if Dunn's going to start to resemble a pitcher at the plate.

Coming into last offseason, I would have preferred Dunn without a doubt in my mind.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
With 2 strikes though, that was a nasty hook. Verlander's going to get the benefit of the doubt on that kind of thing.

That thing was just sick. I'm not upset about the call, and it would have been damn tough for anyone to hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
That second pitch to Dunn was right in his wheel house. He has absolutely no balance at the plate.

I was thinking the same thing, I now I know I'm not crazy