Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Beckham battled him and helped to elevate his pitch count.

If we just had decent seasons from Rios, Dunn and Thornton, we'd be running away from the division.

Then again, who could have expected Lillibridge to far outhomer Dunn and hit higher than him in the line-up? But the even bigger joke is Rios with the mid 500's OPS in the heart of the order.

I'd almost rather have Pierre there than Rios.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I have no clue how Sale's ever going to be a starter. Righties get too good of a look against him.

Maybe the Sox management agree and that's why is in the pen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
I have no clue how Sale's ever going to be a starter. Righties get too good of a look against him.

That's a really difficult angle for them to hit though, especially on offspeed stuff.

His problem right now is release point. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's tipping pitches as well considering how he struggles to find his release point every outing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
That's a really difficult angle for them to hit though, especially on offspeed stuff.

His problem right now is release point. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's tipping pitches as well considering how he struggles to find his release point every outing.

I thought that too last year, but it seems his arm angle has flattened out and his fastball looks like a balloon to righties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
I thought that too last year, but it seems his arm angle has flattened out and his fastball looks like a balloon to righties.

That's entirely because of the lack of release point consistency, I'd say.