Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here with my Cubs fan friend, and I saw the leadoff triple and then 2 outs recorded quickly and he's nodding along and I told him, "I've been watching this team for years. TRUST ME, whoever is up next is hitting a home run; not a single/triple/whatever, a f***ing home run!" And then I said "And I bet it's f***ing Miguel Cabrera coming up, too!" We laugh our asses off as Miggy comes up... then hits a home run. Totally called it, I'm not even mad. There was no doubt that was going to happen... absolutely NONE.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
With the way that they've both looked today, with the roll Martinez is on, with Crain and Cabrera both being righties, walking him is just as much a roll of the dice.

Cabrera just won.

not a fact of just walking him...you have him 1-2...throw s*** outta the zone.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
I'm sitting here with my Cubs fan friend, and I saw the leadoff triple and then 2 outs recorded quickly and he's nodding along and I told him, "I've been watching this team for years. TRUST ME, whoever is up next is hitting a home run; not a single/triple/whatever, a f***ing home run!" And then I said "And I bet it's f***ing Miguel Cabrera coming up, too!" We laugh our asses off as Miggy comes up... then hits a home run. Totally called it, I'm not even mad. There was no doubt that was going to happen... absolutely NONE.

i didnt predict a homer but i knew that run would score after we recorded 2 outs, i posted a few minutes ago.. this team is horrible at getting that 3rd out with RISP

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Dear White Sox organization:

Victor Martinez is a good player, but he's not one of the best hitters on the planet. Ozzie, have fun explaining that decision on your next job interview.

Seriously fathom, you're in on this too?

You're just going after him to attack here.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
yeah, he's been horrible this year

gmafb

He's struggled at times getting the 3rd out of the inning. His problem is he's turning into Mike Jackson against righties. He has to keep hitters honest with his fastball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:17 AM)
Seriously fathom, you're in on this too?

You're just going after him to attack here.

Hell no...maybe it was fate making my internet not working so I couldn't yell WALK HIM, but Cabrera's just too damn good of a hitter to face there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Dear White Sox organization:

Victor Martinez is a good player, but he's not one of the best hitters on the planet. Ozzie, have fun explaining that decision on your next job interview.

I can understand why he didn't walk Cabrera (Crain just got two big outs and V-Mart is hitting pretty well). For a while there, it looked like a good decision. Crain just couldn't finish him off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Hell no...maybe it was fate making my internet not working so I couldn't yell WALK HIM, but Cabrera's just too damn good of a hitter to throw bad pitches to.

Fixed.