Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
So let me get this right...Ozzie calls out Rios for his bad body language, and then he doesn't run out a few grounders tonight? I'll be so disappointed if he's in the lineup tomorrow.

I mean, PK14 is probably out again tomorrow, so he almost has to be.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
Can someone explain to me Adam Dunn, period?

He has no confidence at the plate, and he's in between on everything. This is really a bad situation, as the fans despise him already. He's standing so far off the plate, he has to lunge at everything.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
THAT is a bulls*** cop-out. Period.

If nothing else, don't pretend that only a fool would disagree with you.

Cabrera looked so bad earlier that I thought about walking Boesch to get to Cabrera.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:37 AM)

Cabrera looked so bad earlier that I thought about walking Boesch to get to Cabrera.

AJP really should have wasted a pitch with a high fastball there. As I mentioned earlier, Cabrera had to know that a slider was coming there.

I'd be mad about this game but I'm getting a bit numb to this crap. Rios sucks big time. Dunn, I just don't understand...I expected much better. AJ batting cleanup? Ugh. Let's just win tomorrow and at least win the f***ing series.

Pitching to Miguel f***ing Cabrera after a leadoff triple with 2 outs and 2 bases free is stupid. Period, Balta. I'm not even arguing this with you. I'm so sick of the copouts with people on this site.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
AJP really should have wasted a pitch with a high fastball there. As I mentioned earlier, Cabrera had to know that a slider was coming there.

This is more true.

It was a bad call and a bad pitch to a good player.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
I'd be mad about this game but I'm getting a bit numb to this crap. Rios sucks big time. Dunn, I just don't understand...I expected much better. AJ batting cleanup? Ugh. Let's just win tomorrow and at least win the f***ing series.

The thing is, the Tigers should have won this game easily. We almost stole a game, but were unable to.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Pitching to Miguel f***ing Cabrera after a leadoff triple with 2 outs and 2 bases free is stupid. Period, Balta. I'm not even arguing this with you. I'm so sick of the copouts with people on this site.

Well ****, I'm sorry that no one is allowed to disagree with you. I bow before you.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
The good thing about Dunn is that if he just sucks this year and next, I can totally see him retiring.

I got $56 million reasons he will not!

Edited by Soxfest

Well ****, I'm sorry that no one is allowed to disagree with you. I bow before you.

Disagreeing with facts, no. "Allowed?" Well, sure; you can if you want... you're still wrong.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
i didnt predict a homer but i knew that run would score after we recorded 2 outs, i posted a few minutes ago.. this team is horrible at getting that 3rd out with RISP

they don't have a killer's instinct ... neither does Ozzie with his anti-sweep-just-win-the-series mentality

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Disagreeing with facts, no. "Allowed?" Well, sure; you can if you want... you're still wrong.

Facts like Cabrera was 0/3 on the game and looked bad doing so, Facts like Martinez is hitting .340 with a .936 OPS since coming back from the DL?