Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
It's hard to understand an established mediocre pitcher is being mediocre? How anyone could be "surprised" by this is beyond me.

The Edwin Jackson that went 4-2 with a 3.24 ERA last year says hi.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Edwin Jackson that went 4-2 with a 3.24 ERA last year says hi.

The Edwin Jackson from Edwin Jackson's career says hi back. :lolhitting

E-Jax is going back to being E-Jax again. I love this mentality that if someone is getting traded to the Sox we have to start building him up like he's some great player. Or maybe it's just a small amount of success he had last year that tricked people into thinking he's becoming some bona fide star now.

This makes my decision of whether to watch this or Canucks/Bruins so much easier. Watching Jackson pitch is so frustrating. I swear that I get dumber watching him throw.

Danks is less frustrating to watch right now, and that's saying a lot. Speaking of which, watching Danks in person on Monday should be a lot of fun. /sarcasm

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
I don't think anyone thought EJ was going to be some sort of star with the Sox, but most expected someone serviceable. Right now, he fools no one.

I think a lot of people expected Jackson to be starlike. Otherwise you're crazy to trade a pair of young cheap pitchers for him.

Remember, he was an All Star just a year before we traded for him. that's what people were hoping for, the 2009 Tigers version of Jackson.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
The Edwin Jackson from Edwin Jackson's career says hi back. :lolhitting

E-Jax is going back to being E-Jax again. I love this mentality that if someone is getting traded to the Sox we have to start building him up like he's some great player. Or maybe it's just a small amount of success he had last year that tricked people into thinking he's becoming some bona fide star now.

The value we gave up for him was fair value for a guy who should be turning into a very good player. Not necessarily an Ace, but that was value you give up for a #2 pitcher.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
The value we gave up for him was fair value for a guy who should be turning into a very good player. Not necessarily an Ace, but that was value you give up for a #2 pitcher.

Which scares me when you have all in Kenny with Viciedo as his only chit. We seem to have this silly notion that LF is where you stick a slappy leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Which scares me when you have all in Kenny with Viciedo as his only chit. We seem to have this silly notion that LF is where you stick a slappy leadoff hitter.

At what point does Lillibridge become a trade chip too?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
At what point does Lillibridge become a trade chip too?

Lillibridge should be in LF pretty much everyday until he either proves he can handle it or he gets exposed. But Ozzie and Kenny love vets, and they are not about to bench a vet to put him in.