Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
Is it me or does the 6 man rotation seem to hurt guys in the first couple of innings and they they settle in....except Danks

Nice to tie it up but the pen better be ready to do some handy work

Interesting, maybe they're too strong? Jackson was definitely firing his slider early in the game, and he usually doesn't reach 97mph until later in the game.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Is it me or does the 6 man rotation seem to hurt guys in the first couple of innings and they they settle in....except Danks

Nice to tie it up but the pen better be ready to do some handy work

Jackson's career ERA in innings 1-3 is 4.86, then 4-6 is 4.21 (5.03 7-9 but that never really counts since guys get pulled in those innings).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Interesting, maybe they're too strong? Jackson was definitely firing his slider early in the game, and he usually doesn't reach 97mph until later in the game.

I still can't believe Jackson's never developed something other than the fastball/slider. Even if he never ever throws a changeup/curveball for a strike, just having something at 80 mph would make his 88 slider and 93 fastball so much more effective by speeding them up to the batter after they take the pitch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
I still can't believe Jackson's never developed something other than the fastball/slider. Even if he never ever throws a changeup/curveball for a strike, just having something at 80 mph would make his 88 slider and 93 fastball so much more effective by speeding them up to the batter after they take the pitch.

Funny you should say that. On the radio in the 1st during Kelly's AB that was the exact same thing Jackson and Farmer were saying.