Asking price for Edwin

southsider2k5

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/06/rose...medium=facebook

•The White Sox expect teams to inquire about their surplus of starting pitching, with Edwin Jackson as their most obvious trade candidate as he is a potential free agent. However, GM Ken Williams wouldn't necessarily seek offense in return. Instead, they'd prefer a right-handed reliever or even prospects. If the White Sox were to add a bat, they wouldn't know where to put it in the lineup.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
PROSPECTS! PLEASE!

The only way you're getting anything of significant value is to target something unexpected at low A with a real high failure rate but that you've got a scout who really likes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
The only way you're getting anything of significant value is to target something unexpected at low A with a real high failure rate but that you've got a scout who really likes.

Edwin Jackson is firmly entrenched with a Type B Elias ranking and will assuredly be offered arbitration by the team he's on (see Boras). The Sox will be looking for talent at least equivalent to a supplemental pick.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Edwin Jackson is firmly entrenched with a Type B Elias ranking and will assuredly be offered arbitration by the team he's on (see Boras). The Sox will be looking for talent at least equivalent to a supplemental pick.

A decent young relief pitcher is, IMO, the approximate value of a supplemental pick.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 12:30 AM)
Rios, Jackson and Teahen for Hudson. Give some money as well.

lol. will you be using chloroform?

I would also like to trade Adam Dunn and Juan Pierre for Albert Pujols

I really can't think of an offensive position we could upgrade, which is sad considering this team.

OF is full, and it's full for next year too (Quentin-Rios-Viciedo).

IF is full for a long time if they stick with Morel.

I would either trade think a trade would have to be for prospects or bullpen arms, or a combination. I would actually like to know what the Yankees want for catching prospect Austin Romine, or a couple lesser prospects and reliever David Robertson.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Rios, Jackson and Teahen for Hudson. Give some money as well.

Good luck peddling that POS Rios. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...EVER. Honestly....SOME money?!? Not saying this directly at you post (which should have been in green btw...)...but besides Jackson...anybody else on this team not named Lexi, Danks, Q (or Sergio) has ZERO trade value. I know...Sale, Crain too. Point being who the F in their right mind would take Rios?!?!?!?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
Good luck peddling that POS Rios. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...EVER. Honestly....SOME money?!? Not saying this directly at you post (which should have been in green btw...)...but besides Jackson...anybody else on this team not named Lexi, Danks, Q (or Sergio) has ZERO trade value. I know...Sale, Crain too. Point being who the F in their right mind would take Rios?!?!?!?

David Kahn?o

yeah . . it's not a matter of where you can upgrade. It's a matter of where you'd put someone. Stuck with Rios, Pierre's been hitting better but you could just put Viciedo out there if you are done with Pierre, Beckham's coming around a bit and he's not really someone you'd just replace at this point in his career. you can certainly find a better bat at Third, but Morel's defense is needed, and so's his salary. You can't put an expensive piece at so many positions, especially when your pieces at C, CF, LF, and DH are more like POS's right now.