6/5 vs Tigers

flavum

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm glad crowds are down for this horrible underachieving team.

Sox still can't beat their brethren in the Central and we've only played Minnie twice.

Ha. This is the season from hell.

Really, crowds aren't down all that much from last year despite the weather...and the season from Hell was still 2007.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
Really, crowds aren't down all that much from last year despite the weather...and the season from Hell was still 2007.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
To pitch against a LH batter when Thornton was being hammered, yes.

1.) This season has hell written all over it IMO.

2.) Ah, Thornton, another lousy reliever.

Thing is that any other club, with all the money they'v spent and how they've underachieved someone would have been canned already, bur not this team no, our dumb GM still thinks they can turn it around. I wish they would start over from the bottom, but I would fire everybody in the player development department and scouting. It probably would be fun watching the youngsters develop, even if we really suck a few years can't be any worse than this

I was at the sandwich shop when we had two men on against Penny.

My god what horrible at bats by Lilly and I forget who right before him. Penny was throwing soft meat up there and we stranded both those runners.

Dunn with a base hit. I'll take it.

Oh I remember it was AJ with that weak ass tapper to the mound.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Thing is that any other club, with all the money they'v spent and how they've underachieved someone would have been canned already, bur not this team no, our dumb GM still thinks they can turn it around. I wish they would start over from the bottom, but I would fire everybody in the player development department and scouting. It probably would be fun watching the youngsters develop, even if we really suck a few years can't be any worse than this

id take that and sucking for a couple years while they develope than being like this(.500 team with old/underachieving players) for the next 3 years

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Sadly this game is OVA again........Sigh! Another series loss at home.

Sadly is right.

Too bad we don't have a reliever like Al Albuquerque. At least we'd like seeing him enter the game with that name.

We have one good reliever and that of course is Sergio who is a god.

I can't believe how injury prone Jake is and how badly we play against divisional opposition. It truly is remarkable and another reason we need to break up the team and fire Oz and KW.

Oz can't beat the Central and KW can't put together a team to compete in the Central.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
So from 2009 to 2011, does anyone know what Peavy's stats are for the Sox and how much we've paid him for that?

Prior to today, Peavy is 12-6 in 152 innings (24 starts) with a 3.93 ERA since that trade.

It's impossible to know how much the Sox have actually paid him since almost everyone including the big guys at the Trib have said that there is apparently an insurance policy on Peavy that has paid off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
So from 2009 to 2011, does anyone know what Peavy's stats are for the Sox and how much we've paid him for that?

The only good thing about Peavy is his competitive attitude and I wish it would have rubbed off on some of our other players like Rios. I like Peavy the person; I hate Peavy the DLish player.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Meh, I'm checking out, this team is too fustrating to watch...

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in"!

My frustration level may last another batter or two. We shouldn't be out of it with nine outs to go, but I fear we are soooo out of it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
The only good thing about Peavy is his competitive attitude and I wish it would have rubbed off on some of our other players like Rios. I like Peavy the person; I hate Peavy the DLish player.

Ugh, I hate when people talk about him being a competitor. Who the f*** cares, if he pulls himself with a strained groin after allowing 6 runs in an inning, then I would rather he pull himself prior to getting torched if he was actually hurt during the inning. If this was Garland, we'd be saying he was suffering from Loser's Limp.