Strained right groin for Jake Peavy

southsider2k5

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
6 man schmotation. Glad they kept it going as long as they did. Things could have been worse if they had to go back to the pen and fetch whoever they banished from the island.

Agreed. Hopefully Jackson and Danks turn it around. Who knows with Peavy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Fantastic.

You know he'll try to return a week earlier than expected, numerous people will praise him for being a fighter, and then he'll probably change up his mechanics to compensate for the groin strain and he'll aggravate something in his shoulder. He reminds me of a professional wrestler with all these freak injuries. I saw where he said he tweaked it in Boston. Well, I'm sure glad he spoke up and said something. Of course, as soon as he gets bombed by the Tigers in the 4th, he complains about it.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
You know he'll try to return a week earlier than expected, numerous people will praise him for being a fighter, and then he'll probably change up his mechanics to compensate for the groin strain and he'll aggravate something in his shoulder. He reminds me of a professional wrestler with all these freak injuries. I saw where he said he tweaked it in Boston. Well, I'm sure glad he spoke up and said something. Of course, as soon as he gets bombed by the Tigers in the 4th, he complains about it.

Trade him for Zambrano. Throw in Rios and Dunn for good measure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
So Peavy tried to pitch through the pain after the botched double play, and the result was he gave us no chance to win the game....AWESOME! That's not called being a grinder, that's called being stupid.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,1007957.story

He's a f***ing idiot, there is no way to possibly defend him at this point re: continued fighting through injury, but I will love to watch people continue to try.