Strained right groin for Jake Peavy

southsider2k5

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
A huge JFP supporter?

Do you even read this forum?

Seriously, he was trying to get through the inning. . You go ahead and fault him for that. I choose not to.

Why didn't he try to get through the rest of the game?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
What the f***, man. This guy has been on the Sox for about two full seasons at this point. It seems like he's pitched about 10 games for us.

Why does anyone defend him anymore? What will it take to piss people off?

He will come back in 15 days or a month or whatever and people will get all excited about it again and claim that he is still Cy Young. He will pitch a good game and the talk will be how great he is for the team. Then he will get hurt after a few starts and people will be pissed and say they are done with him, until he returns again of course.

Its an endless cycle.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
He will come back in 15 days or a month or whatever and people will get all excited about it again and claim that he is still Cy Young. He will pitch a good game and the talk will be how great he is for the team. Then he will get hurt after a few starts and people will be pissed and say they are done with him, until he returns again of course.

Its an endless cycle.

Would you rather pay him all the money and get zero starts from him?

I don't care whether people get frustrated or not, but I just don't see the point in hating the guy for trying to earn his paycheck.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
Who did we trade for Peavy? I wonder what he cost us in addition to an outrageous salary.

Adam Russel (now with the Rays), Clayton Richard (starting for the Padres), Dexter Carter (released by San Diego, back with us already) and one other pitcher I can't recall.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
Adam Russel (now with the Rays), Clayton Richard (starting for the Padres), Dexter Carter (released by San Diego, back with us already) and one other pitcher I can't recall.

Aaron Poreda. We literally traded nothing of value.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Clayton Richard has been the best of those 4 that we traded, and he looks like a fringe #5 guy right now. The Peavy trade has really not worked out for either team, the only problem is we are paying him a ton of money.

Clayton has a 5.97 era this year away from Petco and that's in the National League. And even in a "good" year last season, he struggled hardcore away from home. He's not good.

I'm certainly not as big of a KW supporter as I used to be but that's a trade you make every time. None of those guys were going to amount to anything and everyone knew it, we took our chance on acquiring an ace and unfortunately he just keeps getting hurt.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Clayton has a 5.97 era this year away from Petco and that's in the National League. And even in a "good" year last season, he struggled hardcore away from home. He's not good.

I'm certainly not as big of a KW supporter as I used to be but that's a trade you make every time. None of those guys were going to amount to anything and everyone knew it, we took our chance on acquiring an ace and unfortunately he just keeps getting hurt.

I love how after a couple of good starts, in everyone else's eyes Richard was a future perennial All-Star that we gave up

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm sure the millions of dollars he'll make while being frustrated at his injuries will comfort him. Unfortunately, I don't have that aspect to cheer me up.

Dude, I really hope you don't need baseball to make you feel good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Dude, I really hope you don't need baseball to make you feel good.

Man, twisting things is easy.

And if the play of your team doesn't have an effect on you, then you aren't much of a fan. Who here doesn't have a better mindset when the Sox win? Who doesn't get a little down for the night when they blow a big game? I'm sure Peavy gets upset. But then he probably just ambles over to his computer and notices that he made a quarter of a million dollars last week by just sitting around in a cast. We don't have that luxury. We're fans of the team. He's a guy being paid either way.