6/6 Game Thread SOX vs Mariners

knightni

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
As much as people hate on Rios, at least he has other tools than hitting. Dunn just really shouldnt be a on a mlb team right now.

um...Alex Rios 2009, sure.

Not the '10 or certainly the '11 version. He's laying with his benjamin girlfriends right now.

I said it before, but I'd LOOOOVEEEE to see Lilly play 3 days a week for Rios and 3 for Dunn.

Or maybe 4 days one week for Dunn; four the other week for Rios.

Those 2 guys are that bad and Lilly is having a decent year.

Id rather have Rios in CF at .555 ops than Pierre in LF at 654 ops given their ability to defend. 11 more total bases for Pierre doesnt make up for errors and bad fielding in LF.

The best line up for the Sox has Lilli in the outfield with Rios right now and either Pierre or Dunn dhing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:41 AM)
Id rather have Rios in CF at .555 ops than Pierre in LF at 654 ops given their ability to defend. 11 more total bases for Pierre doesnt make up for errors and bad fielding in LF.

The best line up for the Sox has Lilli in the outfield with Rios right now and either Pierre or Dunn dhing.

The best lineup has Rios in it?

Pierre lf, Lilly cf, CQ rf.

Pierre is a better hitter than Rios unfortunately.

I'd love to see Tank come up and split time with Juan. Lilly and Rios sharing center. We should be playing a lot of different guys when so many suck.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
The best lineup has Rios in it?

ViciedoPierre lf, Lilly cf, CQ rf.

Pierre is a better hitter than Rios unfortunately.

I'd love to see Tank come up and split time with Juan. Lilly and Rios sharing center. We should be playing a lot of different guys when so many suck.

Pierre has 11 more total bases than Rios on the season and 100 better ops.

Pierre has a fielding pct of .960 in left field.

Rios has a fielding pct of .994 in center field.

I dont even have to go to advanced statistics, because anyone who has watched games this season has seen the Sox lose because of Pierre's defense in LF.

Id rather take a hit in line up with the hope Rios can produce out of the 9 hole, than watching one of the worst defensive left fielders who has been picked off more times than anyone should.

Pierre shouldnt be starting over Lilli or Rios, there is no justification.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:51 AM)
Pierre has 11 more total bases than Rios on the season and 100 better ops.

Pierre has a fielding pct of .960 in left field.

Rios has a fielding pct of .994 in center field.

I dont even have to go to advanced statistics, because anyone who has watched games this season has seen the Sox lose because of Pierre's defense in LF.

Id rather take a hit in line up with the hope Rios can produce out of the 9 hole, than watching one of the worst defensive left fielders who has been picked off more times than anyone should.

Pierre shouldnt be starting over Lilli or Rios, there is no justification.

Good post, but if Rios is in the ninth hole, where do we put Dunn?

There is a thread called game winner thread, where you can celebrate without fear of people talking about how the Sox can improve and get better.

Sorry if discussion about improving the team so they win more games bothers you.

(edit)

Ironically you decided to take the argument into the Game Winner Thread.

Edited by Soxbadger