6/6 Game Thread SOX vs Mariners

knightni

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Funny how a couple weeks ago, we were really looking forward to the Mariners arrival. Their lineup is still terrible, though they've been hot lately. I'm still convinced that rotating Jack Crust, Adam Kennedy, and Miguel Olivo in the cleanup spot is not a winning formula. I do like the new left fielder Peguero, he's got a lot of power but ks a lot. Pretty sure we'll have to wait to tomorrow to see him, as he sits against lefties.

The Mariners have gone 15 - 5 since dumping Milton.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
This Mariner series could be pretty ugly. I could see the Sox WHIP for the series being about 0.50.

Probably. Have you seen the Mariners lineup? Both teams WHIP combined may not reach 1.00

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
No Rios again. Konerko also getting a DH-day with Dunn at 1B. I wonder if the wrist is still bothering him?

I think if it was hurting he wouldn't be hitting. Must be trying to motivate Dunn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
MDGonzales

sox lineup Perre - LF Ramirez - SS Quentin - RF Konerko - DH Pierzynski - C Lillibridge - CF Dunn - 1B Beckham - 2B Morel - 3B Danks -LHP

I went on about it yesterday but AJ is terrible at driving in runs and is last among everyday players in runs scored yet here he is batting fifth.

I do not care what Dunn is hitting he is better number 4 option than AJ...ugh

This is not a rant against AJ by the way just guillen trying to look smart.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
I wish the Sox would hire Frank for a job in the dugout. I really think he'd make a strong hitting coach. Hell, if Mark f***ing McGwire can be Tony LaRussa's hitting coach...

(I know this is kind of meathead fan s***, but Frank understood hitting and says some incredible things about the mental side of hitting during every interview).

Sadly, as long as KW and Ozzie are in charge, that won't even be an option.

I was listening to the John Williams show on WGN last week where in interviewd Frank about his new book and Frank said he doesn't think that he could coach.

Edited by DaveBrown85

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Juan Pierre. f***ing shoot me.

No one in their right mind can blame Juan Pierre for that. Carlos over ran his lead runner who had no way to be able to tell what was happening so quickly.

It does suck, though.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Juan Pierre. f***ing shoot me.

Now, in his defense.. that's not exactly an easy play. As soon as he sees the guy "catch" it, he turns around and runs back to the base, leaving him out of position to see the drop.

But, still lol'able at that.