Official 2011 MLB Draft - Day 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Anyone know if his league uses wood bats? That could be an interesting storyline.

99% positive the league does.

Heads, you bastard.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Hooray, Law already s***ting all over the pick:

Never went to see him. Plays an hour from my house. + Run. Bat LONG way off. RT @NateRittenberry: @keithlaw did you even scout walker?

Has anyone ever confirmed his anti-sox bias? I am curious about this story, if one indeed exists.

Law's profile for Walker........

Summary :

Walker is an 80 runner on the 20-80 scouting scale, and one of the fastest runners in the draft this year. He's consistently timed at less than four seconds from home to first, and that speed could eventually translate into outfield range although it doesn't yet.

His routes are not good and the swings from both sides need a lot of help, with a real tendency to get his hands out front and make weak contact when he makes contact at all. His plate discipline also isn't strong. However, he's a special kind of athlete that we rarely find in the baseball draft and will still go in the top few rounds despite the flaws.

So we just drafted Juan Pierre 2.0?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Law's profile for Walker........

Summary :

Walker is an 80 runner on the 20-80 scouting scale, and one of the fastest runners in the draft this year. He's consistently timed at less than four seconds from home to first, and that speed could eventually translate into outfield range although it doesn't yet.

His routes are not good and the swings from both sides need a lot of help, with a real tendency to get his hands out front and make weak contact when he makes contact at all. His plate discipline also isn't strong. However, he's a special kind of athlete that we rarely find in the baseball draft and will still go in the top few rounds despite the flaws.

So we just drafted Juan Pierre 2.0?

Law just admitted that he has never seen him, yet still puts this garbage out.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
He NEVER has 1 good thing to say about the Sox EVER.

Law is a smarmy ass to anyone and everyone. Almost every fanbase thinks he is "anti-their team." You see it all over his Twitter. I don't see any reason to think he's biased. He's just an ass, but that's okay.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Law is a smarmy ass to anyone and everyone. Almost every fanbase thinks he is "anti-their team." You see it all over his Twitter. I don't see any reason to think he's biased. He's just an ass, but that's okay.

Typical east coast elitist.

Shocker white sox pick another good athlete black kid. How about picking a good baseball player.

Ah the Guillens good for a foot in mouth experience. The funny thing is that I wonder who was a better prospect Oney Guillen or Carrie Schueler.

Tomorrow should be lots of TJ patients who are relievers for a mid level college that have high ERAs for pitching.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Ah the Guillens good for a foot in mouth experience. The funny thing is that I wonder who was a better prospect Oney Guillen or Carrie Schueler.

That kid is such an idiot. He only played baseball at UIC because of his name, and only got the chance to have a .376 minor league OPS because of his name. His baseball ability is about the same as a few people on this board, and that ain't a lie.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
That kid is such an idiot. He only played baseball at UIC because of his name, and only got the chance to have a .376 minor league OPS because of his name. His baseball ability is about the same as a few people on this board, and that ain't a lie.

He played at North Park I thought. I dont think the kid would get a sniff of division I.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)

At least he had the decency to retire instead of taking more playing time away from better players. I'm looking at you, KW Jr.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
So does Norris have signability issues? Who are you guys looking at for the Sox pick? 2 away now....

None at all, I'll take the league minimum...oh...nevermind.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)

He really is a piece of crap. I read an ESPN article of his once and in the comments someone went after his opinions. He ended up getting into a long argument with the poster and actually made several personal attacks on the guy just because he questioned his opinion. He was about as professional as a 6th grader and got flamed pretty unmercifully by the other commenters for being so immature to attack a reader for voicing his opinion. If you want to be a professional writer you better have a little bit thicker skin than that.